Chapter 28

Xie Lian was frozen on his chair, hands on his lips as a blush made its way on his cheeks. When he slightly glance at Hua Cheng for his reaction, he saw that the man was already staring at him which made him blush harder as he quickly looked away. 

He didn't know why but his lips suddenly felt cold as if someone kissed him...no, he shook his head, trying to remove such thoughts.

'He's my friend!' he thought. 'I shouldn't have such a dirty mind. I'm sure he only did it in fear that I would drown.'

While Xie Lian was in a state of dilemma, the others weren't doing much better. Half of the people in the room was frozen in shock while the other half didn't care, already having seen how loving the ghost was to the prince and had already given their blessing. This is especially true to the grinning Pei Ming who felt excited at seeing such a romantic, forbidden love happening right in front of his eyes. 

"Let's continue before those idiots snap out of their shock." he said, pointing at the ex-Xian Le residences and the emperor.  

Everyone awake agreed, not wanting to deal with the shouting people which would happen very soon.

Ch.95:‌ ‌Mind‌ ‌in‌ ‌Disarray‌ ‌but‌ ‌Say‌ ‌Not‌ ‌the‌ ‌Tender‌ ‌Heart‌ ‌is‌ ‌Too‌ ‌

In‌ ‌that‌ ‌instant,‌ ‌Xie‌ ‌Lian's‌ ‌eyes‌ ‌bulged.‌ ‌Never‌ ‌in‌ ‌his‌ ‌life‌ ‌had‌ ‌anyone‌ ‌treated‌ ‌him‌ ‌this‌ ‌way‌ ‌before.‌ ‌

Xie Lian nodded in agreement. In all his years as prince of Xian Le, a lot of people respected him to the point that no one would dare such a move. Besides, Feng Xin and Mu Qing, probably also Qi Rong, always found ways to remove anyone with ill intentions so he was never disturbed. If they failed, which never happened, he would be quick enough to dodge their move.

"Sorry, Gege." Hua Cheng apologized, voice slightly wavering in fear that he would get rejected. 

"It's fine, San Lang." Xie Lian smiled. "I know you were just worried about me drowning."

"...Yeah." Hua Cheng agreed, ignoring some scoffs around the room.

First,‌ ‌no‌ ‌one‌ ‌dared;‌ ‌second,‌ ‌no‌ ‌one‌ ‌could.‌ ‌However,‌ ‌this‌ ‌person‌ ‌was‌ ‌swift‌ ‌like‌ ‌the‌ ‌devil‌ ‌

"It isn't like the devil, it is the devil." Pei Su said grumpily. While he was happy someone loved his savior so much to the point of spoiling him rotten, he was not sure how to feel. It was like he was giving his blessing to a stranger who would become his stepfather - it wasn't a pleasant feeling at all.

and‌ ‌appeared‌ ‌so‌ ‌suddenly‌ ‌that‌ ‌before‌ ‌he‌ ‌even‌ ‌had‌ ‌the‌ ‌chance‌ ‌to‌ ‌defend‌ ‌himself,‌ ‌he'd‌ ‌fallen‌ ‌into‌ ‌such‌ ‌a‌ ‌state.‌ ‌Freaking‌ ‌out,‌ ‌he‌ ‌was‌ ‌flustered‌ ‌and‌ ‌his‌ ‌limbs‌ ‌were‌ ‌thrashing,‌ ‌desperately‌ ‌trying‌ ‌to‌ ‌push‌ ‌the‌ ‌other‌ ‌away‌ ‌but‌ ‌instead‌ ‌he‌ ‌choked‌ ‌on‌ ‌large‌ ‌mouthfuls‌ ‌of‌ ‌water,‌ ‌gurgling‌ ‌as‌ ‌strings‌ ‌of‌ ‌crystal‌ ‌water‌ ‌beads‌ ‌gushed‌ ‌out‌ ‌from‌ ‌his‌ ‌mouth.‌

"Your highness...next time, if someone managed to kiss you underwater, accept it and kill them once you are safe." Ling Wen advised. "It's better than dying underwater."

"You don't need to worry about that, your highness." Pei Ming said. "The only one who would be capable of touching and kissing you would be that red ghost."