24

aaaaa
almost done
heavy tw of blood, guns, death
george pov
~~~~~~~~~~~

He wasn't breathing. He was lying still in a pool of his own blood, Fundy's body lying near. The knife had been tossed to the side, but I barely noticed it.

"No, no, no," I mumbled, pressing my hands to the wound. It wouldn't help, he'd stopped bleeding already, but I couldn't just sit there and stare.

My eyes stung, but I couldn't manage to cry. It wasn't real. This wasn't happening. It couldn't.

But it was. I was kneeling next to Clay's dead body, with my hands pressed to the wound on his back.

He was fucking dead.

I heard sirens. Fundy had probably placed a call.

I didn't care.

There were footsteps. Shouting. Someone kicked open the door- pointless, it was already hanging loosely open- and yelled,"Police! Hands above your head!"

I lifted them, staring at Clay's body.

"Turn around slowly."

Swallowing, I obeyed. The officer in front didn't recognize me, but I watched as he was shoved aside by Wilbur.

"George, what the hell are you doing here?"

I didn't reply.

He saw the blood on my hands and the shocked look on his face melted into understanding.

"He said he loved me," I choked out. "He said he loved me and then Fundy-"

"George, step away from the body."

"Fundy fucking killed him!"

Will's expression hardened.

"Step away from the body, or things will get be much more difficult than they need to be."

I dropped my hands glaring at him. He glared back.

"I don't want to do this," he warned, "but I will if I have to."

I shrugged.

He waved to one of his officers, and they rushed over to me, forcing my arms back and handcuffing me.

They led me away. I followed numbly. As I passed Will, I whispered to him;
"This is your fault."

Twisting around, I kicked the officer holding me as hard as I could, then kicked Wilbur's knee, causing him to collapse.

He called out, trying to stop what I'd set in motion, but it was too late. One officer raised their gun and fired.

~~~~~~~
next chapter is epilogue!!!