chap 6 - late for school

A/N: Dt means detention btw idk if everyone uses dt so yeah that's what that means if I say it In here I'll try not to.

Meredith's POV:
I woke up in the same position with Arizona that we were in before we both fell asleep. She was still spooning me. I moved a little against her to look at the alarm clock on my night stand. I tried not to wake her but I was unsuccessful and woke her up anyways.

"Mhmm.. is it time to get up already?" She mumbled to my shoulder.

"No, we have about 30 more minutes,"I said. It was only 5:40 in the morning. It was barley light outside. "You can go back to sleep,"

I felt her nod against me and we both drifted back asleep until my alarm clock woke us up the next time.

"Mhm. Mer time to get up," Arizona mumble but she didn't move.

"Ok," I mumbled back but didn't move.

Like 30 seconds later I found myself closing my eyes again going back to sleep.

"We really need to get up," Arizona mumbled again causing me to open my eyes again.

"Mhm hm," I mumbled.

20 minutes later.

"MEREDITH! WERE GOING TO BE LATE!" Lexie said storming into my room fully dressed. "IVE BEEN WAITING FOR 10 MINUTES!"

"Alright chill chill," I said shielding my eyes from the light she's letting in and so was Arizona.

"I'm just going to take the fucking bus!" She yells and leaves out.

"Alright we really need to get up for real this time," I said raising up. Arizona still held on to my waist.

"Let's skip today," she says sleepily.

"We can't come on,"

After finally getting Arizona to get up we both got dressed quickly and left. We were gong to be late but we didn't care. All we were going to get was a lunch dt.

We walked in the front office since we were late and we walked in the building the office lady was sitting at her desk like always and the principal was standing right in front of her talking to her. Just the thought of being in the same room as her is-

"Oh no. The principal's in here were really going to get an after school dt," Arizona said.

"But I thought if we're late we only get a lunch dt," I said.

"Well yeah but this new principal doesn't go by does rules anymore," she said rolling her eyes. I could tell she was still sleepy.

Soon as we walked in the office we were greeted with.

"You girls are late. You missed half of first period," Ms Montgomery said. Why does she always state the obvious? I mean it's annoyingly cute.

"No shit," Arizona mumbled. I don't think she met to say that as loud as it came out.

"Excuse me?" Ms Montgomery said.

"Well your literally stating the fucking obvious. We know that we're late. We're not idiots," she said. I never saw Arizona be this disrespectful. She usually is all sunshine. Maybe it's because she's just tired. Both me and the principal's eyes widen at her choice of words.

"Sweetie what's your name?" Ms. Montgomery said looking at me.

"Um Mer- Meredith," I said.

"Ok Meredith. You can go to class I'm just going to keep Ms. Arizona in here and I'm going to send her mother an email telling her to come down here," she says then looking over to Arizona. Arizona rolled her eyes.

I got the late pass from the office lady and went to class. "Wow. She said my name," I said to myself.