Chapter 1

"Lia hurry up, it's going to get dark soon." My mom said as I looked at my room one last time.

It's not been long since we've moved here, but now we're moving again to a new house.

I let out a sad sigh before walking down the stairs to where my parents are, my mom saw my expression so I avoided eye contact with her.

"Oh sweetie, it's going to be alright. It's for your own good."

I keep my head hung low, I know it's about me. Everytime we move, it's always because of me and I feel guilty about it.

I'm sick and my parents are desperately trying to find the doctor that can cure me, even if it means always looking for a new home and job.

My dad pat my head playfully and I looked at him scrunching my nose, "dad!" I complained and he laughed, "come on kiddo, I can feel that this will be the last time we'll move and you're going to get better."

I gave them a fake smile, "I hope so dad..."

We all went to the car, with me looking at our house one more time before dad drove off.

I looked at my phone and saw that it's 5pm, dad said it would take an hour or 2 drive there.

I put in my earphones before dozing off.

"Lia, we're here." Mom said giving me a soft tap. I slowly woke up and looked out the window. There's a few houses here compared to our old place, it looks like everybody knew each other.

I walked out the car and was about to help mom carry the boxes when she stopped me.

"You'll tire yourself, how about you go explore the area? Who knows, maybe you'll meet a friend."

I rolled my eyes at that, I'm not here to look for some friends, we're not going to stay here long before movin to another place. So it's no use getting to know someone.

I had a friend once, but when we moved away we lost contact with each other.

Better avoid people here.

My mom wouldn't let me help her, so the only thing  left to do was what she suggested... explore the place.

As I walked around, I realized half of the area is a forest.

I gasped in awe as I saw a field with flowers and the sun was about to set. I sat on the grass and started talking pictures of the scenery, even some selfies.

"Do you want me to take a picture of you?" A voice suddenly said making me dropped my phone.

I looked around and saw someone walking towards me, wow he have such pretty eyes.

"W-who are you?" I asked nervously.

I'm not great at talking to people especially boys, but I can sense that there's no use avoiding him.

"I was about to ask you that, who are you and why are you here in my secret place?"

I looked around to look for a sign that says 'no enter' but I see none.

"Do you own this place? I'm sorry for intruding, I didn't know that I'm not allowed here." I muttered standing up, I saw him observing my move.

"You're new here." He said and I guess more to himself.

"Yes... I-I'm Helia..."

He gave me a nod and stared at the sunset, "my name's Asahi, I don't actually own the place, it's just that no one really come here but me... so I called it my secret place."

Silence filled the place and I become uncomfortable, "uh... nice meeting you. I guess I should go."

He looked disappointed at that, but maybe I was wrong. Why would he be disappointed?

I was about to walk away when he speak again.

"You can come here again, whenever you want..."

I looked at him with wide eyes and that made him laugh, oh my gosh. He has dimples!

Couldn't he get any more handsome???

"Why are you looking at me as if I'm prohibiting you from going here? I would love another company. It would be nice to have someone to talk to."

My mind slowly comprehend what he said and I muttered dumbly, "a friend?"

He squats down on the grass looking at the flowers, "don't you want to?"

I didn't say anything as I debated if I should tell him that we're not gonna stay long.

He plucked a flower and stood up to face me, he reached out his hand to me handing the flower.

"Would you like to be my friend?"

My mouth gaped open at what he did, is this how you became friends? Wait, why am I blushing? He looks like he's proposing to me...

Crazy me thinking it's the same as the romance novels I read.

I must have avoided people for so long that I don't know how friendship works.

I saw him waiting for my answer, so I gave him a smile grabbing the flower. "Okay, friends."

My negative thoughts flew out of my head and hope bubbled inside of me.

I decided to try having a friend again, I mean why not? New place, new life. This was my fate for this place and I'm not going to waste it away.

I just hope being friends with him wouldn't be a bad idea...

***

A/N

My first Treasure fanfic 💖 please give this story a chance, and hopefully you will like it.

There would be a lot of spelling and grammatical errors,  I plan to fix those after I finish the story.

Thank you!