Chapter 18

I gasped at the sudden confession.

Stupid! Why did I say that?!

I didn't look at him and started walking home, good thing he didn't stop me this time.

That's so humiliating, stupid illness. Now I really do have to avoid him now at all cost.

I arrived at his house and knocked on the door, Mr. Hamada opened it and looked at me confused.

"Why aren't you with Asahi?"

"I uh... I went ahead because I felt dizzy?" Well at least that was true,  he looks concerned so he quickly let me in to his office and he started examining me.

"When did you start feeling dizzy?"

So I told him what I felt the whole day and he told me that he'll try to change my meds.

We went out his office and I saw Asahi and Jaehyuk watching TV, Jaehyuk waved at me but I saw Asahi avoided my gaze.

I waved back and Mr. Hamada asked if I would like to stay for dinner.

I shook my head, "I'm still feeling dizzy so I don't feel hungry yet... thanks though I should head home to rest."

I bowed at him and went home to save myself from embarrassment.

I couldn't sleep that night thinking about Asahi, he's avoiding me already... so that means he rejected me right?

I don't want to overthink about it because it will only worsen my headache, but I couldn't sleep that night.

I fell asleep around 4am and woke up a bit late.

This is the first time Asahi isn't at my house and I almost cried but stopped myself from getting emotional because my parents would be worried.

Someone knocked on the door and Haruto shows up, he fake glared at me when he saw how disappointed I was.

"Sorry babe, I know I'm not Asahi but could you remove that sad look on your face?"

I gave him a sarcastic smile.

"Come on let's go, we're almost late. Sahi hyung is... busy so I went to fetch you up instead."

He doesn't need to cover up for him, I know he's avoiding me.

We went inside the car and the guys greeted me a bit more cheerfully that it looks suspicious.

What's wrong with them today?

Haruto and Yedam put their arms on my shoulder trying to join me in their conversation, but I'm not in the mood.

When we entered the room, I was finally free from them so I immediately run to Aeri.

I'm not the type of person to hug someone but I put my head on her shoulder, "Aeri..." I whined and she let's out a laugh.

"What's the problem Helia?"

I gave her a pout and put my head back again, "the boys are being weird." Doyoung scoffed, "don't you want to hang out with us?"

I rolled my eyes, "come on, everyone can notice you're overdoing it."

Haruto puts his hand on my head, "we're just being like this because we know you'll be sad that Asahi's not here." He said and I know he's being sincere.

I felt guilty again, they have a good intention and here I am complaining about it.

"You do realize I should be avoiding him right. Besides, I did something embarrassing yesterday." I said remembering what I did.

"What is it?" Aeri squinted her eyes so I let out a sigh.

"I accidentally confessed to him." I cried and the four of then look shocked.

"Oh my..." Aeri muttered.

"So that's why." Haruto said like he was thinking and the other two looked at me in disbelief.

"So you rejected Haruto for Asahi." Yedam said in daze, "hey!" Haruto said and I put my hands on my face.

Based on their reactions, I guess it's a bad thing.

"Don't worry, I'm sure Asahi won't avoid you just because you told him your feelings. Who knows, maybe he likes you too." Aeri said but I don't want to have hopes in him liking me back.

"Come on, it's all about Asahi when the guy's not even here. Let's talk about something else." Doyoung said and thankfully they changed the topic.

At lunch, Haruto was quickly on my side and asked me what food I wanted to eat.

"I can get it myself Ruto." I said and he grinned at me, "hearing you say my name like that sounds nice."

I raised my eyebrow at him, "Ruto? I heard the other guys call you that. Haruto is too long."

He shrugged grabbing a tray, "I'll call you Lia then too."

That earned him a slap on the arm.

"Nobody calls me that except my parents."

"That makes us three then." He said nonchalantly leaving me dumbfounded.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked me again and I pointed at the sandwich, seeing there's no hope in fighting with him.

He grabbed a cola and I was going to say something but I was surprised when he got the peach drink too.

"How--"

"I always see you drinking this." He beats me and led me to the table.

We ate and talk about school, they sometimes talk about their idol life and I happily listen to them as their eyes sparkle whenever they mention treasure makers.

I was lucky enough to be one of the fans and being their friend too.

We still have a little time left and I felt sleepy so I tried crossing my arm on the table and was about to put my head above it when Haruto stopped me.

"Feel sleepy?" I nodded so he put my head in his shoulder and covered my eyes, "sleep." He said slowly and I closed my eyes falling in deep slumber.

He woke me up just in time for our next class but I still felt sleepy so I don't remember much what we discussed about.

Dismissal came and the guys were on their way to their dance practice but Haruto wanted to take me home first.

"You don't have to you know." I said for about a million times already.

We walked by the fields, "I know, I just wanted to... for the last time." He stopped walking and faced me with a sincere smile.

"I know you two would be happy with each other."