Chapter 3

"Why didn't you turn your alarm on?" Mom asked as she handed me a plate of breakfast.

Asahi is already at the table eating toast.

I let out a tired sigh, "I did! It's just that I was so tired unpacking last night that I didn't woke up."

I quickly scarfed down my food and grabbed my bag, "goodbye mom." I said and kissed her on the cheek.

"Goodbye sweetie, goodluck on your first day. Take care you two."

Asahi quietly stood up, putting his plate on the sink and grabbed his stuff. "Thanks for the breakfast Mrs Kim, we better get going."

I looked at my watch and saw that the bus will arrive any minute.

"Come on, we'll miss the bus!" I said nervously, grabbing his wrist to run to the bus stop.

Luckily, we made it and I sat by the window.

"Why are you such in a hurry? It's okay to be late on your first day." He said and I shook my head, "by my own, I guess it's okay. I don't want you to be late too."

He blinked his eyes a few times, then he gave me a soft smile.

"I'm okay with it, it's an excuse for me to be late on my first subject." I smiled at him and shake my head.

"Since we're friends now... can we ask some questions to get to know each other?" I asked him and he gave me a nod while looking straight at me.

"Perfect timing, I have questions for you too."

Well I already expected that since last night and I guess it's only fair for him to know everything.

"So... since you're an idol... should I keep my distance from you? You know for your fans."

That made him laugh and I stared at him waiting for an answer.

"Not on this school, an idol is a normal thing for them. Everyone minds their own business, well there may be some fangirls but they know their limit."

Well I'm thankful for that, I don't want some crazy fans going all angry at me.

"Don't worry, I'm just a normal boy at school with the other members." I froze at the mention of their group again.

"Speaking of them, I guess they will not come to school today, so you won't get to meet them."

I looked at the window, he told me that their group consists of 12 members... I'm actually scared of meeting 11 more people, but he assured me that they're friendly and that they'll be happy to meet a new friend.

"My turn, so my father is your new doctor?" I mentally winced at that, "may I know why you're sick?" He asked so slowly that I can feel him bracing himself if ever I get offended.

"It's no big deal for me now" I assure him, "I have brain tumor... we knew it when I was in 6th grade. My friends and I were playing at the playground when I had a massive headache and I blacked out. My parents rushed me to the hospital and that's when I was diagnosed with it."

I let out a bittersmile, that was the time my world has stopped... everything changed including myself.

To my surprise, Asahi held my hand.

"Don't worry Helia, my father is the best doctor you'll ever meet. I can assure you, he'll cure you. You'll get better soon."

Somehow, his assurance made me feel better.

We arrived at school and he led me to the office, I grabbed my schedule and he yake a look at it.

Asahi is a year older than me so we don't have any classes together, but we have the same lunch time so it's okay I guess.

He led me to first period and stopped in front of the door.

"See you at lunch" he said before going to his class.

I took a peek inside and saw that the teacher is not there yet. I found an available seat beside a window which made me do a mental happy dance.

Thankfully, no one noticed me yet so I took a seat peacefully. My phone vibrated and I saw a text from an unknown number.

'Hello, Teacher's absent :)
I'm bored. How about you?'
-Asahi

Oh yeah, Asahi asked for my number awhile ago.

'Hi! The teacher isn't here yet,
Still waiting.'
-Helia

As I pressed send, someone cleared their throat and I saw the girl beside me smiling.

"Hey! I didn't know we have a new classmate. My name's Ae Ri, how about you?"

She seemed bubbly for me.

"Helia..." I said lowly, unsure on what to do.

"Nice meeting you! I just knew we're going to be friends the moment I saw you."

I felt my phone vibrate again and I took a quick look and saw Asahi replied to my text. Ae Ri looked at my phone then at me.

"I saw you with Asahi earlier, is he your boyfriend?" Her voice is so loud so I looked around to check if someone heard it but luckily everyone is busy.

"No, what made you say that? We're just friends." I said quickly but she just laughed.

"Okay, okay. I was just teasing you. I was actually friends with Doyoung a member of their group. Oh wait, do you know them?"

I nodded, "Asahi told me about them, but I haven't met any one of them yet."

AeRi looked around and shrugged, "looks like Doyoung is not present today. He's in our grade so you'll meet him soon."

The teacher arrived so we stopped talking. I checked out my phone secretly.

'Did you meet any friends yet?'

'Hey, why aren't you replying?'

'I guess your teacher's there already. See you at lunch."

Wow, he's really bored that he flooded me with texts. I laughed silently, wishing it was lunch time already.

***
A/N

A bit boring chapter :<