Chapter 17

The next morning, I felt a bit dizzy but it's bearable unlike the last time.

I took the medicine dr. Hamada gave me for times like this, and after a few minutes it'll be gone.

As usual, Asahi's at the kitchen eating breakfast.

"Morning honey." Mom said giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Took my meds today, just so you know." I said taking a seat opposite to Asahi. He stopped eating and looked at me, "is it bad?" Mom asked in concern.

I shook my head and grabbed a bite of my apple. "I just felt dizzy but it's almost gone now." I reassure them both as I know Asahi would comment too.

We finished our breakfast and went out to the van, I didn't glance at Asahi the whole ride and I let out a sigh of relief when we part ways.

"I'm confused." Haruto was suddenly on my side and I looked at him.

"Why aren't you with him?" I let out a groan, "just because I like him doesn't mean he feels the same way to me. I won't confess."

He looked at me in disbelief, "so what, you're just going to start avoiding him like some virus or something? I'm sure he noticed it by now."

I gave him a pout, "I don't know what to do."

He put his hands on my shoulder looking at me straight in the eyes, "you know that I still like you right? It's hard for me to even think of this but I'll do it for you. I'll ask him about his feelings for you."

I felt guilty for this.

"You don't have to do that." I muttered looking down on the ground, I know we talked about being friends despite his feelings for me, but I also know he's trying so hard to get over liking me.

"How could I not, when I know you're not happy? If it's not him I would've steal you from the guy." He said in a serious voice and if this is a normal day I would've laughed at that.

"If he's not my best friend, you could replace him." I joker and he put a hand to his chest.

"I'm still in the best friend zone." He said dramatically, I rolled my eyes pulling him towards the room as the other two already went inside.

Aeri was waiting for me and by the time I sat down, she already started asking questions.

"So are you and Haruto already dating? What happened last night? Why did you said that you're riding with me?" She all said it in one breath that I have to hold her by the shoulders.

"Easy... one questions at a time." I said slowly and she blinked a few times before nodding.

"So are you two dating?"

I was about to answer but Haruto beats me, "no, she rejected me." He answered in a teasing tone and Aeri gasped.

"Ouch bro, I feel sorry for you." Doyoung said but he's smirking so Haruto rolled his eyes.

"Atleast I confessed, chicken." Then he made some chicken noises and he started running away from Doyoung who chases him.

I looked back on Aeri who's still shocked by the news.

"So does that mean you like--" I nodded and smiled bitterly.

"Yep, so I'm avoiding him right now. I have to make these feelings go away."

She shook her head sadly, "that won't do and you know it." I didn't say anything and good thing the teacher arrived.

At lunch, I already expected him to be waiting for me outside the room, I sticked close to Aeri and she already knew why.

I saw Asahi let out a sigh and joined in whatever the three boys are talking about.

I also sat between Haruto and Jeongwoo at the table.

"Hey Jeongwoo, how are you and Jihu? I'm pretty sure she liked your surprise." Jaehyuk said, the other boys teased him and he let out an awkward grin and is blushing.

"Thanks to all of you hyungs, she really love the performance and the surprise."

Junkyu faced me, "how about you and Haruto?" I was caught off guard, "yeah, I'm pretty sure Haruto confessed already."

The table was silent as they wait for my answer, Doyoung lets out a laugh.

"Didn't you know? He was rejected" Haruto flicked him in the forehead, "hey! I told you to stop making fun of me!" He said, I saw Asahi's eyes widened and he looked away when he saw me staring at him.

I saw looks of disbelief and disappointments flashed on some faces so I just smiled.

Haruto pats my head, "it's okay, we're still close as ever. Nothing has changed."

"But you're so sweet last night..." Hyunsuk said sadly, "her heart belongs to someone else... just let it be." He said softly giving my hand a squeeze.

I touched my head as I suddenly felt dizzy again, "I know that movement Helia." Junkyu said in concern and I chuckled.

"Don't worry, I took my meds."

"Tell us if it gets worse okay?" Jihoon said and I nodded.

Lunch ended without any word from Asahi and I don't know if I should feel relieved or sad.

My head feels a bit heavy during afternoon class so I can't concentrate much but I tried hiding it from the teacher, we're finally dismissed and I wanted to go to Dr. Hamada right away.

Asahi waited for us again and everyone's talking with each other so I just focused on my head.

I didn't realized we stopped at the field and Asahi walked to me, "is there something wrong? Why are you avoiding me?" He asked softly.

I looked at the other guys and saw them walking away.

"I... I need to go to your dad now."

He looked at me seriously, "can't you just tell me what's wrong first? Did I do something to make you mad?"

I shook my head, I can't think properly right now.

"I'm sorry if I did something to make you mad."

Ugh, this headache's killing me.

"It's not you." I said and started walking but he stopped me, "tell me--"

"I like you okay?!"

*****

Happy Birthday to Asahi!