Chapter 19

What is he talking about?

"Wait here okay?" He said but I grabbed his wrist, "what do you mean Ruto? What's going on?"

He didn't say anything, instead he gave me a hug and kissed me on the forehead.

"Just wait here silly,  I swear you'll smile again." He said with a cocky grin and his old self came back like nothing happened before he said that.

He started walking away so I sat in the grass enjoying the cool breeze and comforting silence.

Someone cleared his throat, so I turner around and saw Asahi standing behind me.

There's an awkward silence that surrounds us and I was about to say something when he showed me a single rose.

"The first time we met, I really find you pretty. Your face shine in front of the sunset and I knew right then that I wanted to be cloee to you."

He gave it to me just like how we first met.

"I don't know much about romance so I didn't know what to prepare. Anyway... would you like to be my girlfriend?"

My eyes widened at his question, but I thought...

His eyebrows furrowed when I didn't say anything.

"Why aren't you saying anything?" I bit my lip in embarrassment, "I thought you don't ike me. I mean you're avoiding me, isn't that rejection?"

Did I misunderstood him? He looked at me straight in the eyes and motioned for us to sit down.

"I'm not avoiding you because I don't like you, it was actually the opposite. I was surprised when you confessed to me because I thought you like Haruto."

Well I thought so too...

He suddenly looked at the sky and I noticed that it's already becoming dark, I'm so caught up with his confession that I didn't see the sun had already set.

"I avoided you because I was embarrassed, I can't believe you like me too. I wanted to do something to make it up to you but our manager needed me at the studio so I asked the guys a favor to keep you company and so I can confess here."

He suddenly stood up and faced me, "now that all has been explained. Let me ask you again. Would you be my girlfriend?"

I know he already knew the answer to that but I still stood up and gave him a big smile.

"Yes."

He hugged me and I guess it's okay to hug him back with the thoughts of us being a couple now.

We went to their house holding hands and his dad gave us a soft smile, "come in your lovebirds."

I followed him shyly to his office while Asahi offered to cook for dinner.

"I knew there's something going on with you two and I'm happy about it. I know my son would take good care of you. So, any headaches for today?"

I shook my head, I'm completely fine today despite lacking of sleep. We did some tests and he gave me a new medicine for my headaches.

"If it doesn't change anything, let me know right away."

I nodded and we're done for my daily checkup.

We went out and saw Asahi waiting for us at the dining table. "Come on let's eat, I'm starving." His father said and we sat with me sitting beside Asahi and in front of him.

There was another round of awkward silence at first before his father speak.

"So how did he ask you?" I almost choked on my food and Asahi gave him a glare, he saw our reactions and let out a chuckle.

"Come on, your old man is curious. Besides, everyone can see how you like each other."

Okay I'm not prepared for this kind of talk, specially Asahi's dad.

"Dad, I won't say anything. Please stop making Helia uncomfortable." He chuckled once more before nodding.

"Okay okay, I won't ask anymore. But son, you know Helia's condition... so I hope you take extra care of her." Asahi rolled his eyes putting his utensils down.

"You don't need to tell me, I always take good care of her, even before."

Mr Hamada seemed satisfied by his answer. When we're done eating, I was about to go home when Asahi followed me.

"I just live right next to your house, it's weird for you to take me home."

He shrugged and hold my hand, "but this time I'm taking my girlfriend home."

That made me blush, I still can't believe he likes me. The girl who doesn't have any friends and is someone who's sick.

"Would you tell your parents about us?" He suddenly asked and I can sense nervousness in his tone.

I'm glad he's the type of person to worry about those kinds of stuff and he really value the family.

I held his hand tighter, "not tonight, I guess we can tell them tomorrow at breakfast." He nodded and we stopped in front of the door.

"Goodnight...?" I trailed off and nobody said a thing for a minute.

"No goodnight kiss?" He teased me and I felt my face became hot, he chuckled at my reaction.

"I was just kidding, I promise we'll take it slow." He said and gently kissed me on the forehead.

His kiss was so gentle that I almost didn't feel it.

I went inside with a big smile on my face and greeted my parents who's at the living room watching tv.

"Hey honey, you seemed to be in a good mood tonight." Mom said after I kissed her on the cheek.

"Yeah I am."

***

In the morning, I was already prepared to tell my parents about us and when I got down, Asahi was already there.

On a normal day, you could see my parents and Asahi eating breakfast peacefully, but I could see Asahi sweating nervously.

"Good morning!" I said extra cheerful, there's no time to waste so I sat beside him and faced my parents.

"Mom and dad... Asahi's my boyfriend now."