chapter 18

"Long time no see, li'l slut. Did you have fun running away?"

Your tears unconsciously fell hearing his voice, you wanna run in his arms and soothe him from the pain you caused but you know that it's impossible. You already lost the right to do that.

You wiped your tears and gave him your smile. "Hi, long time no see. I didn't really have that much fun but I gained something important when I did it." You calmly replied remembering your beautiful baby, Aia.

You saw Mikey grit his teeth, his eyes glared at you that made you flinch but you still stood there with all your might. You're really weak in front of Mikey, you get that.

He suddenly stood up and approached you, he gripped your chin really hard that made you grimace from pain. "Something important, huh? Is that being married to Hanma? Did you have fun having another man warming your bed?" He said with disgust.

Your men were alarmed at what Mikey did so they all pointed their guns at him so you immediately raised your hand to motion them to stop, they hesitated but still obeyed.

You stare directly into Mikey's eyes. His eyes were blank and lifeless but you can feel his rage that is all directed to you. He may have misunderstood you but would he believe you if you told the truth? No, right?

So you decided to face his rage, you deserve it anyway.

"Maybe? What do you think?" You said, going in circles with your answer. He pushed you to the couch before ordering everyone inside the room to leave. Your men don't want to go out but you nodded at them motioning them to obey.

With that, you two were alone. Leaving you two with a heavy tension. He's pinning you against the couch while glaring at you and you're just staring at him, giving up at everything.

"Why?" He paused as his hand travelled on your neck. He gripped it tightly while his eyes held an unreadable expression. You just gasped as you caught your breath as tears fell from your eyes.

"Why did you leave me, y/n? I thought you would stay by my side?" He sounds really hurt that makes your heart tighten.

"M-Manjiro..." All you can mumble is his name as you're having a hard time breathing. Mikey's choking you really tight so you closed your eyes accepting all of it.

His grip suddenly loosened when he heard you mumble his name. He bit his lower lip as he remembered how he treasured you before you left him hanging. He was opening up to you but you left him, bringing him back his nightmares.

You felt a hot liquid drop to your cheeks that made you open your eyes. You saw Mikey's tears falling from his eyes, breaking your heart. "Why, y/n? Why?!" He asked like he's so frustrated.

"I-I..." You bit your lower lip.

"I already broke you. I already gave you the pain that I wanted you to feel. I already fulfilled the deal, so why would I stay with you?" You said lying to him. There's no point in telling the truth is there? It's not like Mikey will find your unreasonable reason to be reasonable.

Your words got him chuckling, "Yeah... Yeah right. That's what you said. I never really thought that you'll succeed but here you are. Happily married while leaving me hanging." He bitterly murmured.

Your hand lifted wanting to caress his cheeks and say sorry, say that it's yourself that you really want to hurt and not him but you can't. You just can't.

Mikey suddenly gripped the collar of your dress and he suddenly ripped it in half shocking you. You're not wearing any brasserie because your dress was padded so you're already half naked under him. "W-What are you doing?!" You exclaimed shock.