Chapter 10

Niall POV:

The next morning when I woke up, I headed towards Roselyn's room. I wasn't the only one with that idea though, and I saw Harry groggily walking out of his room, followed by Louis and Liam.

We all stopped awkwardly at her door, and the tension in the air was as thick as butter. Finally, I decided to skip the wait and I knocked on the door.

"Hey, you guys awake?" I said softly. "The guys and I are standing out here."

There was a pause and a little bit of rustling.

"Yep, we're good in here. Come in," Zayn said, opening the door for us as we entered the room. "She's been like that all morning. I don't know what to do..." he said in a hushed tone, referring to Roselyn. We all glanced over at where she lay on the bed, stoic and looking up at the ceiling. It was actually quite unnerving, and it gave me a quick chill.

We all stood by the door while Louis approached her, slowly sitting on the foot of her bed. It was easy to see that she was the most comfortable around him and Harry, which was understandable since Louis was the teddy bear of the group and she'd met Harry first. Still, I had to ignore the jealousy I was feeling - all that mattered was making sure Rose was alright.

It was quiet for a moment, until Rose just started sobbing. Fat teardrops ran down her cheeks, and she sat up, engulfing Louis in a hug. It wasn't the most vulnerable we'd ever seen her, but this was definitely different. It was almost as if she was fighting to hold back on opening up.

Louis just held her, whispering in her ear and patting her back and her hair. Eventually she calmed down, her tears subsiding to just sniffles. Harry, Zayn, Liam, and I joined them on the bed, and we shared a long group hug.

Liam finally broke us apart. "I know this is hard Ro, but there are things we have to do. Like first, you need to eat. You can't last much longer if you don't have nutrients. We'll see if we can find something small that you can keep down for now - Harry is an amazing cook."

Harry blushed slightly, smiling at Rose, and she gave him an encouraging smile back.

"Me, Louis, and Harry were planning on taking you out shopping later. Just to get a few things of course. You're gonna need clothes and such," I said, and Roselyn nodded in reply.

"Me and Liam are gonna stop by our lawyers. You know, see what we can do about this whole situation. Maybe get in touch with someone to expedite the process. That sound okay?" Zayn added, and Roselyn nodded again. "Alright, let's get you out of bed," he said, and we all stood.

"I'm gonna, umm, use the bathroom and brush and my teeth and stuff if that's okay..." Roselyn said softly.

"Yeah, of course, take your time. We'll meet you downstairs," Louis replied as we all started heading out of her room.

Zayn went to freshen up as well, but the rest of us headed downstairs into the kitchen.

"It's not just me that's nervous and excited right?" Harry said, starting to scramble some eggs.

"I don't know... I feel bad that we never told her about taking her to the hospital.." Louis said, looking guilty.

"Yeah, I hear you," I replied. "But I mean, she probably would have freaked out. I know I would've."

"Plus, it's not a big deal," Liam added. "But it is important. I'm sure she'll understand that we just want the best for her."

"Umm, it is a gigantic deal! What are you talking about? We don't even know if she trusts us yet, and she has every right not to. Considering the circumstances, any little thing could put our relationship in danger, and I don't feel like risking it. So, yes, Liam, yes it is a big deal and I feel like crap about it. Not telling the whole truth is the same as lying," Louis exploded.

"Whoa, I hear you Lou," Harry said, trying to intermediate. "You're definitely right, okay? We'll tell her during breakfast."

Louis gave a small nod, sitting down at the breakfast bar. I grabbed a stool next to him, putting a hand on his back. "Let's just take it one step at a time," I said softly to him, trying to calm him down.

"Look, Lou, I'm sorry if what I said offended you. It was a little insensitive, I understand that now," Liam apologized.

Harry had set up breakfast on the counter - scrambled eggs, toast, croissants, bacon, milk, OJ, and waffles, plus a bunch of fruit.

"Sorry it's kind of all over the place today. I didn't know what she'd like, so I just went with generic things... Maybe I should grab some cereal or make some oatmeal or something..." he said anxiously.

"Calm down mate, this looks delicious. I'm sure she'll find something she likes," Zayn said coming down the stairs and grabbing a waffle.

"I just don't want to make her feel sick again," Harry said.

"C'mon Harry, that wasn't your fault," Liam said.

"Yeah... but I still feel bad about it," Harry mumbled.

"Don't. I promise it wasn't anything you said. I was just a little overwhelmed I think," Roselyn said as she walked into the kitchen.

"Feeling better?" I smiled at her, and she nodded.

"Okay, well then, let's eat!" Zayn said, already munching away on his waffle.

Rose giggled and a grabbed a strawberry. She seemed to be in a much better mood already, which caught us all off guard in the best way possible.

"What did you say to her?" I whispered to Louis. "She's like a different person."

"I think she just needed to know that she's safe and that she's heard," he replied.

5 hungry boys and a teenage girl can devour a lot more food than it looks. Half an hour later and no leftovers in sight, we were in Louis's room trying to find something for Rose to wear.

Harry and Zayn were arguing over which sweatshirt would look better on Rose, while Liam was trying to figure any shoe options since the ones she had were worn down and bloody.

Me and Louis sat on his bed with Rose in between us. He gave me a silent look that I immediately understood.

Louis cleared his throat. "Umm, hey Ro, so there's one more place we have to stop by today..."

"Right, umm," I joined in, sensing Louis's hesitation. "We thought it was best if we took you to the hospital. You know, get you checked out by a doctor to make sure you're okay."

Roselyn didn't say anything. By this point the other lads had realized what was going on. It was quiet and tense as we waited for her reply.

"Okay," she said softly. "Thanks I guess. I don't think I've ever been to a hospital before."

We all noticed the way her words affected Louis the most, but he tried to hide it from Ro.

"Umm, I couldn't figure out anything for shoes, so how about you just wear like 2 or 3 pairs of socks until y'all go to the store? Me and Zayn will probably meet y'all there," Liam said.

We figured out an outfit for Roselyn and we all got dressed to go out. Zayn jokingly carried her to the car and gave her a kiss on the cheek before climbing into his own car with Liam.

"Keep us updated!" Zayn yelled out the window before driving away.

"Don't worry mate, we will!" Harry laughed.

"You ready to go?" I asked Roselyn, and she nodded.