Chapter 19

Roselyn POV:

Lunch went well.. at first anyway.

Then we had to get into the hard conversations.

"So, Roselyn, you remember the talk we had this morning, hmm love?" Harry asks me.

I nod my head in reply and Louis continues.

"We talked to Detective Benson, and she can meet us here later this afternoon."

"The earlier we do it, the quicker we can get it over with," Zayn adds.

"Okay," I reply simply. There was no way to escape it anyways.

~~~

"Hello Roselyn, my name is Olivia and this is my partner Elliot. Is there somewhere private we could talk?"

"Umm, we could go up to my room?" I say, turning to Harry.

"Let's go to the sitting room instead. This way," he replies, beginning to lead the way.

Detective Elliot stops him. "How about we let them talk one-on-one, huh? You boys and I can talk out here."

"I'm not leaving her," Harry says sharply.

"No need to raise your voice. As you said, she's right down the hall, and she's in good hands," Stabler replies.

"I'll be okay Harry," I reply, and after a moment Harry nods.

Me and Olivia head into the sitting room. The air is tense and uncomfortable. I know what she's going to ask me.

"So, Roselyn, how are you holding up? I heard you took a pretty bad fall yesterday," she begins.

I nod. "I'm okay now though. Just dehydration and stuff," I reply.

"Does that type of thing happen often?" she continues, and I shrug.

"Sometimes we didn't have any water or food, so weekends were rough until I could go back to school again on Monday."

Olivia sighed and nodded. "We talked to the school. It seems you were absent a lot. Your dad didn't seem to notice, did he?"

I shook my head.

"And what about your mom? We saw some of her things in the apartment, but we haven't been able to get ahold of her."

"Um.. she left a few years ago," I reply, trying not to tear up. "We just never got rid of her stuff."

"I'm so sorry Roselyn, I didn't know. Is that when the abuse started?"

I nodded slowly.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Olivia asked.

I stayed quiet. Talking about it made it so much more real.

"I know it's hard, but this is really important. He can never hurt you again, okay?" Olivia soothes, and I nod.

~~~

Harry POV:

"What, so you think we just kidnapped this random girl and are molesting her?!" I yell, outraged.

"No, that's not what I'm saying at all. I just need to know the circumstances. How did Roselyn end up with you guys?" Detective Stabler replies. "If you could keep your voice down, I can get all the information I need and we can be on our way."

"We only want what's best for her," Louis says.

"As do I. Now, what exactly happened?" Stabler asks again.

I sigh before replying. "I was going on a morning walk a few days ago and I bumped into her. She was so thin and small, I was instantly worried."

"Okay, where was this?" Stabler asks.