Chapter I

My Mom and dad always told me, " you are our rainbow after the mizzle" but I guess, I am their hurricane. If words can kill, matagal na siguro akong pinaglulumotan sa sementeryo ngayon.

I just wanted to be loved and feel that I am loved. Mommy, daddy, hanggang kailan lang ba ako aasa na maalala nyo ako bilang anak nyo" Elizabeth Mary Margarethe Arañeta, 16 years old, wrote a letter on her room table when suddenly someone knocked on the door.

"liz, kakain na" Her nana Sonya knocked on the door, interrupting her writings. Liz opened the door, " nana, susunod po ako. Linisin ko muna trashes ko" pointing to the scratch papers around her room.

Sonya smiled and held her hands, "makakahintay yan, ang pagkain hindi, halika na, nak, dito daw maghahapunan ang mommy't daddy mo" Eliza's eyes widened, "uuwi sila ng maaga? Hmp strange". The two held each others hands as they lead to the dining.

Sonya has already been with Irene and Greggy since the couple married, She is the living proof of the sweetness and sours, sickness, and health of the two's relationship.

"Ay nana, you're giving me false hopes na naman oh, it's 7:30 na and they've not yet here" Liz frowned, carrying her plate. She will join their tauhans dinner in the dirty kitchen. 

"Oh saan ka paparuon at dala mo na naman yang plato mo?" Sonya queried, she always felt pity for Lizzy. She is a heaven-sent angel to the couple, but Lizzy was left with a devastating life.

"Halikana nana, apaka kj mo naman" She pulled her hand  towards the dirty kitchen.

"Alam nyo po mas masarap pagkain nyo dito kaysa saamin dun sa labas, siguro sign na din to na mag aaply ako bilang kusinira dito" Lizzy scoops the bagoong to her rice and mixed it.

"Sarap na sarap ang alaga namin ha, para ka namang di pinakain namin ng sekretohan ng ganyan kahapon" Joy, one of their maids chuckled. "Eh kasi minsan lang to noh, once a day lang, pano ba naman kasi apaka stricta ng mayordoma nyo, parang bulldog" Lizzy's referring to Nana Sonya. The maids and their driver started to laugh, not until Sonya give them a side glare.

"Ikaw kahit kailan talaga napaka tigas nyang ulo mo, kailan ka ba susunod sa mga pangaral ko. Pag sinabi kasing bawal ka kumain nyan araw araw ibig sabihin nun bawal talaga" pinching Lizzy's side. Nakikiliti naman ito. "Nana tama naa, hahahaha. Ito na nga po oh, isasauli ko na kay ate faith" she's referring to the other maid.

That is always been Eliza's routine, every single day of her life. For 16 years, kasama nya ang mga tauhan nila sa hapagkainan, instead of her parents and that devastated her.

Nana Sonya looked at Eliza's laugh as she is talking and helping to Joy and Faith, washing the dishes. "Eliza tama na yan, hayaan mo na sila. Maligo kana at matulog." Sonya intructed her alaga, She's now done cleaning Eliza's room. she looked at her and smiled, "oh papaano ba yan, mauna na ako ates ha bukas na nyo a reserve chismis nyo sakin" She bade farewell to the two and straightly went to her room for a half bath.

After taking a bath, she went to her walk-in closet to look for nighties and her eyes gazed at a cute photograph in a frame, their family picture, that was taken on her 6th birthday celebration, a tear suddenly falls when she reminiscence those times, " ang ganda pa ng ngiti ko dito, babalik pa kaya ito?" she whispered and wiped the tear that escaped in her eyes. 

..........

Vote and Comment