Chapter XII

"Eli dun ka muna maupo beside your mommy" Imee said as she pointed to a vacant seat beside her mother.

"P-po?" Eliza asked. She heard it but she just wanted to clarify what her aunt just said.

" you heard me, eli. Go seat beside your mom. Your kuya mike asked me if he could sit beside me and i said, yes" Imee lied. Eliza won't stop asking her questions why unless she will make an alibi.

Eliza sighed heavily and kissed the Chhoa's couple. She slowly walks going to the last seat, her parents haven't been there, yet. She looked at her aunt first giving her a please look but Imee just lightly smiled at her. now, she knows, she has no choice.

Irene's lips curved as she saw her daughter sitting on their seat. She is happy that she will solo her daughter throughout the trip. "Hello, anak." she greeted her daughter, smiling.

"Hello po, is it okay to make tabi you here po?" Eliza politely asked. She is sitting in the window part.

Greggy crossed his hands and took a seat beside her, "young lady, I bet that pwesto is mine and you deserve to be in this place" He tickled her and let her sit on his lap.

"Da-daddy tama na hahahahha nakikiliti na po akooo" Eliza's chuckles were heard all around the van. Irene was happy seeing her mag-aama clinging to each other.

"Daddy can you cawwy me? Mommy said she cant cawwy me becawse she has baby inside" the three-year-old charlotte pleaded, making a puppy eye to her father.

Greggy chuckled, looking at their sweet angel."Oh our ate is being cute again ha". He tickled her that made charlotte laugh so hard.

Those laughs of charlotte have been imprinted in Irene's mind. She misses her so much. "Tama na yan, greggy" Irene seriously said to her husband and took a sit in the hallway seat.

Greggy stopped clinging to her daughter when Irene told him to stop. "Ay we're making that maingay na ba? Sorry, hon" He made dispense to his wife.

"Ah dun na lang po ako sa likod para makapagusap ho kayo. Sorry for making a childish act" Eliza excused herself and walks at going to the back seat. Irene was just looking at her, with no emotions.

"Is there something wrong with our moment, mahal?" Greggy asked his wife, who's tingling on their wedding ring. "Ju-just place don't make her laugh. Naalala ko si charlotte everytime eliza laughs. I don't know what to feel greggy" Irene covered her face out of frustration, pati sya naiinis sa sarili nya. She likes to be with Eliza and tries to cope with her but at the same time, she wanted her to get out of her sight for the reason she blames her daughter for Charlotte's death.

"I'm sorry, hon. Next time I'll be more careful" he held Irene's hand and kiss the back of it. He tries to be neutral and calm in his wife's dumping and awkward feelings.

"Thank you for understanding, love. Just let me help to ease this pain and learn to love eliza. I will make bawi to you" she kissed his cheeks.

Greggy chuckled lightly, "you don't need to make bawi on me, every night we made here in singapore is already your bawi to me". Irene bit her lips, remembering their love and kisses and their nights during their stay here.

"Eli para ka namang langaw ket saan saan umuupo. Pambihira ka naman" Matt whispered to eli. He is sitting beside her.

"Kuya, please wag ngayon. I want to be in peace." She answered seriously. Matthew was just joking but he didn't expect that his cousin wasn't in the mood of gagged.

He tilted her face and saw a sad angel's eyes. "hey, kuya is here you can always count on me bunso" he hugged her. She needed it.

"Hanggang kailan po ba ako makikipag kompetensya sa kapatid kong matagal ng yumao kuya? I have been always the second and the worsest child in the eyes of mommy. Ganyan po ba talaga ako kahirap mahalin?" She hugged his kuya back and burst her pain.

Irene heard her daughter sniffle and whisper to Matt. she looked back only to find out that she is crying. Her heart was being scorned with pain, again. Seeing her in tears and hearing those whispers.

Irene stood up and went to matt and Eliza. "Matt, can i?" She asked her nephew. The two looked at each other, Eliza nodded.

"I'll be near mommy lang ha. I will reserve a seat for you there bunso" He told her, wiping Eliza's tears. Eliza nodded, "yes kuya, thank you"

"Anak, eliza look. I am sorry. I didn't mean to i mean yes, i hated you laughing kasi naalala ko sayo ang ate mo and i hate it" Irene confess. Eliza sighed, heavily. She knew it, she expected it.

"I know po. It is okay lang, i understand" Eliza replied and was about to stand up when Irene bowed down on Eliza's lap, "please help me to make it up to you. I can't afford to lose you" Irene pleaded. Now, she is sincere with this.

Eliza's heart softened, she don't know what to do. "Ah please don't bow po. My heart is always open for you. Pero nasa iyo po yun kung tanggap mo po ba ako sa nakagapos mong puso. Ang hirap po kasing ipilit ko ang sarili ko sa isang puso na hindi naman ako pwede" she answered honestly.

Irene hugged Eliza, tightly. "I will make it up with you. Please give me another chance, anak" she asked her again.

"Please don't plea at me po. It makes me think that i am the worst daughter. If you wanted me to make it up with you. Then, you can do it po but please when time comes na mahulog ulit ako, huwag nyo na ho sana akong saktan kasi ang sakit na po dito" Eliza pointed her chest. She's now tearing.

" i will and i promise anak" Irene pledged to her daughter. She doesn't have any assurance but all she wanted is to win her daughter back. She is not desperate to feel her love, again.

Days passed, and Irene keeps on having time with her daughter, as she promised. A Series of pictures were captured every time they went to the different places in Singapore. Imee saw the sincerity of Irene to cope with her daughter. She's now tranquil that this trip will be the way to Araneta's reconciliation.

"It has slowly getting back in normal, daddy. I hope she won't break her promise to Eliza" Imee talked to their father in her mind while looking at the Araneta's eating Ice cream.

. . . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.