Chapter XX

Irene woke up first. She remembered how they share their love and sweetness with each other. They miss each other's bodies so much, the last time they shared intimate love was in Singapore. "Good morning, love" Greggy mumbled, smiling at his wife. He is pouting his lips, for his morning kiss.

"Sira you own me kagabi, you were so wild" Irene chuckled, and slowly slapped his arms.

Greggy groaned, "morning kiss lang e" He tightly hugged his wife's waist. "Bumangon kana mr araneta, may pasok kapa" She tried to escape from Greggy's broad arms. "No, hindi. I filed a sick leave from the office".

Irene gazed at him, confused. "Why, are you sick ba?" His wife asked him worriedly, He chuckled. "No, I'm not. I just missed you. Let's visit our daughters later. We'll bring her to Charlotte and grab lunch at chari's place" Greggy said, still hugging his wife.

Irene looked at him sternly, "tarantado ka gregorio, sick leave talaga?!?! Pero sige okay lang I'll take a bath na and let's fetch eliza at san juan" She quickly changed her mood, and stood up to take a bath.

An hour later, the couple is now done doing their things and is now ready to go to San Juan. "Are you ready to see eliza na ba?" Greggy asked, holding Irene's hands and going downstairs.

She nodded, "yes, but kabado at the same time, love. Our last meet didn't go very well" She smiled lightly.

On their way to San Juan, Irene's phone rang. It was her sister Imee. "oh si ate tumatawag."

"Hello manang, napatawag ka? We are on our way to san juan we'll borrow eliza lang. " She informed her sister.

"Hay naku. Mabuti naman at mapuntahan mo si Eliza. She's not answering on my phone calls. We are at Ilocos ngayon Irene to check our properties". Irene's heart started to pound, Imee haven't called her to tell her that Eliza isn't answering her calls. Eliza is afraid of her Mama Imee.

"Ye-yes manang. We-we're on our way there. Malapit na kami" Irene's voice started cracking, she is overthinking. She ended up the call and told her husband what just happened. Luckily, the traffic isn't that heavy, they arrive immediately at San Juan.

"Manang si Eliza po?" Irene asked the maids the moment she stepped into the house.

Loleng, the San Juan's mayordoma, approached and greeted her. "Maam, Eliza left kanina lang. Mga 30 minutes. She told us not to prepare dinner na daw for her. She said mag oovernight daw sya kasama ang kaibigan nya" She explained.

Irene doesn't know how to feel anymore, she's in mixed emotions. It's not her daughter's culture to leave without telling anyone. A loud shout from upstairs was then heard around the house.

"Manang loleng si Eliza po naglayas, umalis sa ibang bansa. Pumunta ng new york" Joy, shouted at the top of her lungs. She saw an opened letter from Eliza in her study table.

Irene's eyes widened, she looked at Greggy who was also shocked by the news, "Come on hon, maabutan pa natin si Eliza" Greggy told her. They rushed to the car and drove to the airport.

"I'll call manang greg" She told her husband who's about to fly their car just to reach the airport on time.

"Hello manang. Eliza left" Irene uttered, biting her lips. She can hear the noises from the other line.

"Ha? Anong left? She didn't told me na she'll go somewhere" Imee replied, she's shouting so Irene can hear her.

"Manang she went to the states, we are trying to follow her at the airport, maybe we can see her and possibly can stop her. I surf on the net saw at the board flight to states will be at 2 pm" Irene sniffled, she was trying to calm down and not cry.

"Irene, sinasabi ko sayo, habang maaga pa hanapin mo ang anak mo. this is your time to prove to her that you truly cares for her. I'll cover you to mommy, she wont know just please, hanapin mo ang pamangkin ko" Imee sigh, she tried her best not to let her anger win her. "O sya sige na, I'll hanged this up na" She said, ending the call.

Napagbuntong hining na lang si Irene, hindi nya na alam kung anong nangyayari sa buhay nya. Gulong gulo na sya. Greggy reached for her hand, "love, we'll get there okay. Makikita natin ang anak natin" He cheered him up, his eyes are still on the road.

When the couple arrives at the airport, Irene hopped out of the car and run immediately. She saw no trip to the states yet so She is hoping that her daughter might be still, around the airport.

Irene saw a girl, a similar back portion to her daughter, with same length with her hair and the way she dressed, really looks like Eliza. She rushed to the girl and hugged her, "anak please dont leave, mommy" she sobbed.

The girl quickly pushed her, It's not Eliza. "Ay, hala hala I'm sorry po Mrs. Arañeta I thought sino po" The girl asked pardon. She was shocked that someone from her back hugged her, she didn't think that it was the One and Only Irene Marquez Arañeta.

"I-i'm sorry. I thought you were my daughter" She bowed her head. Greggy rescued her, he approached Irene as he saw her being pushed by a girl. "I'm so sorry for what my wife did ms. she didn't mean it" She begged pardon. The girl just smiled and walked away.

"Love, gather yourself up. We'll see her, hmkay?" He cheered her, even if Greggy is also doubtful that they will see their daughter.

They waited for an hour looking for Eliza but can't see her, even a light shadows of her. But irene is still keeping on looking at her daughter, her eyes gazing and looking at every young girl she saw.

"Good day, flight JA0611 to New York City is now ready to fly in. Thank you!"

An announcement that shattered Irene's heart. She is sure that her daughter is there. She screamed and cried endlessly, trying to let in the gates. Greggy stopped him and told her that they will follow their daughter. Irene just keeps on crying on his husband's chest. She's sobbing as if she'll never see her daughter, again.

"Greg, nasusuka ako. Nahihilo ako. Ang- sakit ng-" Irene's last words before she passed out.

. . . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.