Chapter XXV

The two didn't move slowly for time is fastly approaching. They processed all their papers to go back to the Philippines. "Ayan kasi oh kaya nag cram tayo ngayon sa desisyon mo. dinamay mo pa ako" Eliza groaned. She is with Jeanna, they will be going to the Registrar to sign for their leave.

"Sorry, naman mare ha. Gusto ko na kasing kumain ng dain, masama ba yun?" Jeanna sarcastically replied. The two just had their own worlds walking going to the registrar

"Oh ikaw kumatok. Tamad na ako mag english. Padugo na ilong ko" Eliza told Jea.

She looked at her. "Pasalamat ka maganda ako". Eliza just chuckled and made a face at her.

Jea knocked three times and opened the door, "hello we are the graduate interns from the Philippines. Uhm we're here to ask for the registrar's signature. We will be having our break for 5 months" she softly said.

The Secretary looked up and smiled at them. "Madam Head will not be going here today but Ms. Registrar with her fiance will be going, they will be here at any minute just wait for them in the lobby" the secretary pointed them to the lobby. The two just gave their thank you and went to the lobby.

After half an hour, the secretary approached them and told them to go to the Registrar's office already for the registrar officer has arrived. "You girls just go straight there and knock on room C" the secretary taught them the way

"Thank you so much!" Eliza politely replied.

The two are roaming their eyes as they walk going to the room. "Beshywaps nakakatakot din pala tong office nila may mga pictures ng old heads tas yung iba parang patay. Baka dati din tong sementeryo tulad ng sa pilipinas diba?" Jeanna suddenly uttered as they are in the middle of the hall walking in dim light.

"Gaga narinig ko na din yan noon, totoo ba talaga yun? Tapos may babae pa daw na naglalakad na may kadena sa paa tapos umiiyak pa at naghihingi ng tulong" Eliza answered, teasely. She wanted to scare her friend.

Jeanna's eyes widened. She stopped at walking. "Hoy elay nakakainis kaa bat ka nananakot? Ibalibag kita pabalik sa tyan ng nanay mo" She slapped Eliza's arms harshly. Eliza groaned, "e ikaw nagsimula. Loko to nananakit pa". The two are just arguing with each other going to the office.

Eliza knocked on the door and entered the room first.

"Good morn-" Eliza greeted the Registrar when she stopped as she can't believe what she saw. Her ate Carrie and Kuya Borgy is what she is facing right now.

"Ku-kuya ah hi" she said and bowed her head.

"Elizabeth bunsoo" Borgy rashly went to her to give her a hug. He misses their bunso so much. "Why did you leave bunso. Everyone needs you, especially tita irene" he told her, kissing the back of Eliza's hand.

"Ku-kuya I'm deeply sorry but masakit na po dito eh, hindi ko na kaya" Eliza looked at Borgy in his eyes as her tears flow in her cheeks. The sweet and soft Eliza they once knew is still in there but it was just covered with deep agony.

The two just stopped when Borgy's phone rang. It was Imee who called her. "Teka your mama Imee called. Mangungulit na naman ata siguro tong hanapin ka" he told her.

"Kuya please don't tell mama na nagkikita tayo ngayon" Eliza begged her cousin. Borgy nodded. He then answered the call in the corner.

"Mommy, hello. What made you call this hour mom, gabi na jan" Borgy asked. Eliza, Jeanna, and Carrie are looking at him having a conversation with his mother.

"Bogs, listen. We are here in the hospital right now. Inatake ng Asthma ang tita mo which is very dangerous to her especially to the baby. . . " as Imee explained. Borgy signaled them to come closer to listen to what Imee said. He turned the loudspeaker to make it more audible.

"Even if hindi mo pa nakikita si Eliza this time, you need to go back here. Ju-just make suyo on Carrie please to find Eliza for her to be aware, anak. Tell her also that her mother suffers too much from their destiny" Imee continued saying, her voice seeming like she just cried.

Eliza was left dumbfounded by what she heard. Her tears are chasing from her eyes. "Ma-mama" She uttered, biting her lips.

"Eli, nak? Nak ikaw ba yan?" Imee's voice cracked from the other line.

Eliza just nodded and burst out crying. She is guilty. She can't lose another sibling just because of her actions. "Mommy, I will be home by the morning," Borgy said and hangged up the phone call.

He consoled her cousin who was already sitting on the floor, endlessly crying. "Ku-kuya I am so sorry. Hin-hindi ko sinasadya" Eliza cried, covering her face in her hands.

"Hey, bunso. It isn't your fault intake lang ng asthma si tita. It is no one's fault, bunso. Do you want to go with me to the Philippines?" Borgy asked, he won't waste any time. Gladly, Eliza nodded and agreed to go back to the country.

Wearing her scrubs and still having a stethoscope on her neck, Eliza steps foot again in the Philippines. It was 5:43 am when she and borgy landed at the airport. They are immediately met by a group of PSG to go straight to Makati Med where Irene is confined.

. . . . . . . . . .

Vote and Comment.