Weird

I arrived at Zandejas Royal Group at two fifteen in the afternoon, all set for my appointment with Nicolas Zandejas. He was Mrs. Zandejas's grandson, whom she wanted me to meet at her party six months ago.

While Nicolas' secretary called up Bernie yesterday to set an appointment with me, Mrs. Zandejas also rang me up to say that her grandson needed an architect for his office building in Ortigas and wanted the both of us to meet sooner. She also stressed that she requested Nicolas to personally choose me to handle the said project.

The receptionist directed me to a large waiting area with plush and big sofas. She offered me tea, which I politely declined in favor of water. Today was boiling hot and my black dress was clinging to me. Kung alam ko lang na ganito kainit ang araw na to, dapat hindi na ganito ang isinuot ko.

Ten minutes later, a tall, lean, and good-looking guy with gray eyes entered. He was wearing a gray suit with a vest and a long-sleeved white shirt, black pants and shoes. "Arch. Montejo?" he asked, walking towards me.

"Yes," I said.

Tumayo siya sa harap ko. "Sorry to keep you waiting. I was stuck in a meeting," he said, his pretty lips smiling brightly at me.

Tumayo ako saka ako naglahad ng kamay sa kanya habang nakangiti. Inabot naman niya iyon ngunit napasinghap ako nang inilapit niya ang mukha niya sa mukha ko at pinatakan ako ng halik sa pisngi.

Gulat akong napatingin sa kanya. If Daxton saw someone kissing me, he would freak out.

I quickly leaned back away from him, pulling my hand discreetly out of his hand. "Mr. Zandejas, it's not a problem. I just arrived early."

His eyes moved over my face. "Grandma didn't lie. You're beautiful in photographs, but you are way more beautiful up close. It's a shame we haven't been introduced back then," he said, still smiling brightly at me.

Okay, this was getting awkward. I smiled at him and said nothing. If you were in this situation, what would you say? Nothing, right?

He stared at me for a while, then he took a seat in the chair opposite mine, crossing his legs. "Please call me Nicolas. I know this is our first project together and Grandma reiterated and drilled into me several times that she wants you to design our new office building, but I hate formalities. Is it okay if I call you Savanna?"

Tipid akong ngumiti at tumango. "Sure." I sat across from him and took the planner out of my purse to take notes.

"Great. I'm also looking forward to going through ideas with you soon."

"Well, to tell you honestly, I haven't had the opportunity to check the proposal yet, since my assistant had only given it to me yesterday. I was hoping you would give me a week to get some ideas rolling?"

"Of course!" He laughed. "I know I'm being rude for dragging you here at such short notice, but I'm flying back to Hong Kong on Wednesday. I'll inform my secretary to send you all the requirements you'll be needing. You and your team did a good job at Grandma's mansion, and working with proficient people lightens my pressure on handling an extensive project."

Wait, wala pa siyang mga requirements? Anong reason para i-require niya ko na pumunta sa meeting na 'to?

"You could give me the requirements today, so I could start the design conceptualizations while you're away," I replied, giving him a little smile.

He sat for a while, watching me quietly. His gaze was steady and intense. "Savanna, I hope you don't mind..." he trailed, tapping his fingers on the sofa's armrest.

Inihilig ko ang ulo ko sa gilid habang pinagmamasdan siya ng may pagtataka at naghihintay sa iba pa niyang sasabihin.

"I'm afraid I've brought you here under pretenses," panimula niya. "I've seen your pictures before when you attended Grandma's party and I wanted to meet you back then, but I can't due to time constraints on my part."