Engagement ring

DAXTON

FLASHBACK

Two hours before the accident...

"Gusto mong sunduin na lang kita so you won't have to drive?" I asked Savanna through my phone.

"Hindi na. May meeting pa kasi ako sa isa sa mga supplier namin mamaya so I'm not sure anong oras ako matatapos," she replied.

"Okay, if that's what you want, but as soon as you're done with your meeting, call me and tell me what time you are going to the restaurant."

"Yes, boss," she said with a smile in her voice.

"See you later, baby."

"Yeah, see you."

She disconnected.

I hung up the phone and walked toward my car. I was so fucking happy last night when Savanna agreed to be my wife that I forgot to give her her engagement ring. Taking the box from my pocket, I opened it and stared at the ring. It was a 2.5-carat diamond solitaire ring. I bought it the night when Savanna told me she loved me and that was eons ago. I was excited to see her reaction when I gave it to her later.

"Para sa babaeng yun ba yan?"

I turned my head and saw Ariella over my shoulder, standing a few feet away from me. I ignored her. Ayokong pag-aksayahan pa siya ng oras. Ibinalik ko ang engagement ring ni Savanna sa bulsa ng pantalon ko saka ko binuksan ang pinto ng kotse ko ng biglang humarang si Ariella between me and the door.

I glared at her. "Ariella, move back," I clipped.

"Are you going to ask her to marry you?" she asked, leaning closer to me.

I took a step back. "It's none of your business."

"Daxton, I love you, and I know you still love me, too. We were together almost all our life. Hindi mo na mababago lahat ng pinagsamahan natin. And every time na may di magandang nangyayari you always go back to me. I know you're doing this because you want me to get jealous of that poor girl. Ano bang gusto mong gawin ko? Tell me, I can do whatever you want. I'm a different person now. Nagbago na ko. Nagbago ako para sayo. Promise hindi ko na uulitin lahat ng ginawa ko dati. We can get back to what we were used to." She looked deep into my eyes, a smug smile on her face. "And besides, I still know what you love," she whispered, leaning further into me and pressing her breasts into my chest.

I instantly pulled back.

Her face darkened and her eyes narrowed before she reached out a hand, cupping my crotch.

She barely got her hand on me before I moved mine between us. I wrapped my fingers around her wrist, yanking it away. I heard her cry as I held it tight. I didn't want to hurt her, but I want to make a point.

"What the fuck is the matter with you?" I asked, gritting my teeth.

"Daxton, listen. I know you need me," she whispered, twisting her hand in my hold to try to get away. The smug expression on her face had worn off and was now replaced by uncertainty.

I jerked her forward, and she gave another surprised cry as I bent to get in her face.

"Listen to me, bitch," I growled. "Isipin mo na ang gusto mong isipin, but I will never ever go back to you. Kahit mamatay man ako ngayon, I would never do it. I don't know what shit you're feeding in your mind, but we were done a long time ago. Hinding-hindi na ko babalik sayo. Savanna is my life now, and I will do everything in my power to secure what we have now. Do not ever come here again, Ariella. And you forget I exist."