Savanna's Room

AN:

Hello. I'm back! Sorry ngayon lang nakapag-update ulit. There's so many things that happened to me in the past few months na kailangan kong unahin or else hindi na ulit ako makakapagsulat. hehe. Now, I'm still recuperating and little by little, I'm getting there so konting pasensya lang, in time, makakabalik din ako fully sa pagsusulat.

Anyway, thanks all for the support. Hope you'll like the update today. Happy Reading! :D

Peace,

Lili

*    *    * 

"Anong room to'?" I asked Daxton's back.

Pagkagaling namin ng sementeryo, Daxton told me na kailangan namin bumalik sa condo niya dahil may gusto daw siyang ipakita sa akin. When we arrived at his home, he grabbed my hand and tugged me into a closed room. It was located under the stairs. I was curious about it the first time I saw it but since nakalock iyon, feeling ko there was something inside it that was personal for Daxton and dahil nga nakalock hindi ko na din siya inusisa kung anong nasa loob nun. Una, dahil hindi naman ako likas na tsismosa. Pangalawa, I wanted to respect his privacy.

"This is Savanna's room," he announced as he opened the door.

My brows moved together. "My room?"

"Yep," maikli niyang sagot. Then he stepped inside, switched on the light and turned to me, pulling me inside.

The moment I entered the room, my eyes widened and my jaw fell at what welcomed me. There were framed photos of me everywhere. They were in different shapes, colors, and sizes, and all of them were attached to the walls.

I pulled my lips and bit them as my gaze drifted around. Nilapitan ko ang mga iyon at isa isang tiningnan. Napatigil ako ng napako ang mga mata ko sa isang picture. Based on the date that was written at the bottom of the photo itself, it was taken less than two years ago. It was me, wearing a white Betty Boop shirt and jeans while sitting across from my parent's graves. Kitang kita sa mukha ko ang excitement at labis na kasiyahan. Looking at the date, I remembered why I was feeling like that. That was when we got the contract for Hope Eco-tropical Resort, the biggest project we had back then. Oras, luha at dugo ang inalay namin nila Mauve at Liam para lang makuha namin ang project na yun.

Kahit saan man ako tumingin puro mukha ko ang nakikita ko. I was everywhere.

Sa conference room ng DSHQ while I was presenting my sketches. The first time I went to his office while staring at the picture of young Daxton on his desk. At Leslie's desk, chatting with her. In the bar, when he first brought me home. In the DS Hotel, talking to the receptionist. Iyon ang araw na una ko siyang nakita and literally got enchanted by his presence. Hindi lang iyon, meron din akong kuha sa may kusina ko habang ipinagluluto ko siya. In my living area, my nose red from crying while watching Hachiko. In my bed, sleeping. Sa grocery store, reading the back of a pancake mix. Sa restaurant while checking out the menu. In my office in BSI, sleeping at my desk. On his bed, when I slept beside him when he got sick. In the canteen of DSHQ.

I swallowed the swell of emotion that rose in my throat seeing the box of chocolates I gave him on Valentine's Day. He even framed it. He also had a picture of me talking to myself on DSHQ's balcony. How did he get all of these?

I was absorbing all of those mementos when I saw four pictures of me sleeping in a hospital bed. Ito yung naospital ako dahil kumain ako ng crabs without telling him. Galit na galit pa ako sa kanya nun kasi ni ha ni ho wala akong narinig mula sa kanya. But all along...