Daisies

Daxton

Four years ago...

"Sweetheart, where are you? We are going to be late for the party," I called when I didn't see Ariella in her living room. We were set to go to my uncle's birthday party, and I was calling her up so many times earlier, but she wasn't answering any of my calls.

I looked around, but I couldn't find her. Where was she?

My brows creased when I heard noises upstairs. I climbed upstairs, and the noises kept getting louder. I tipped my head back to listen to where it was coming from. It was from her bedroom.

My heart thundered as I walked toward the door, then I froze when I heard Ariella yell, "Yeah, baby! Fuck, you're so good. Harder. I'm getting there. Make me come."

I could feel my body trembling as I threw open the door and stopped dead, seeing the woman I loved on top of a man. They were having sex. She whipped her head from the loud bang of the door and they both stopped when they saw me. Savage rage such as I had never felt before consumed me.

"Daxton..." she said, pure shock crossing her face before she immediately moved away from the man.

My gaze darted from her to the man. He met me in the eye, the corner of his lips tipping up and looking rather smug as he stared at me.

I didn't know what happened after that. All I knew was I heard Ariella shouting my name and trying to pull me away.

"Daxton, let go of him! Daxton! You might kill him!"

Kill him...

Kill him...

Kill...

I looked down and saw I was pinning and choking him with both hands. Seeing him turning blue broke me out of my trance. I quickly let him go, rose to my feet, and took a step back. The moment I did, Ariella moved to check the other man, who was holding his neck while coughing hard. I clenched my fists, turned around, and walked away. Fast.

I couldn't breathe, my stomach hurt, my head was pounding and that thing in my chest was threatening to explode.

I had to go. Get out of there, and go far, far, away. Where? I didn't know. I just had to get out of there.

I climbed down the stairs with double steps and ran to the door when I felt a hand grabbing my wrist and pulling me back. I saw Ariella skirt past me and blocked the door, still naked.

"Daxton, please hear me out," she begged as tears ran from her pretty face.

My head snapped up, and she flinched at what she saw in my eyes. "Fuck off," I snarled at her, and she flinched again.

"Daxton, please." She put her hand on my arm, and that's when I lost it. I couldn't control it. I had to get it out. The burning hot knot would kill me if I didn't.

"Don't fucking touch me!" I roared. "I gave you my fucking heart, Ariella. Even if you had lied to me so many times, I still trusted you. Kahit na ginago mo ko ng paulit-ulit tinanggap ko yun. Ilang beses mo ko niloko pero pinatawad kita. Hindi ako nakinig sa mga kaibigan ko o kay Mom kahit paulit ulit nilang sinasabi na I have to let you go. Na hindi na ikaw ang dating babae na minahal ko. Kahit mukha na kong tanga, ayos lang kasi mahal kita. Mahal na mahal kita. Sayo na umikot ang buong mundo ko. I gave you my heart, but what did you do? You just didn't break it, but you crushed it. So fuck you, bitch, fuck you!" I yelled.

She stood there crying, pero wala na. Wala na akong maramdaman unlike dati na konting iyak niya lang nanghihina na ako. Hindi ko kayang nakikitang umiiyak siya pero ngayon wala na. I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't even look at her.