Gone

Jin and Taehyung say their goodbyes at the bar and Taehyung quickly transforms into V. He runs fast and over gardens until he reaches the house. He left the door on a wedge so he could be inside before Jin. He isn't that nimble to climb over boxes into a window, like Suga. When he was inside he just laid on the couch and pretended to be sleeping. Jin comes inside and starts to get comfortable. He starts to put food into the bowls and walks through the house. "Suga!" He calls out for the kitten but he isn't there. V lifts his head in surprise. Normally Yoongi is the first to attach himself to Jin, and now there is no trace. Should I try and distract Jin? Maybe he didn't make it back inside yet. V starts to jump up and bark, bringing a toy to drop it in front of Jin's feet. Jin puts down the bowl and picks up V's toy. He is still worried about Suga, but since V demands his attention first, he plays a bit with V.

Yoongi is in his studio. He looks at the clock. "Jin is home by now. He had that date with V." He sighs and misses Jin dearly but he can't return now. Not when being pressured by Namjoon like that. He can only imagine Jin's hurt written all over his face when he finds out that he has been Suga all this time. He shakes his head. "Back to plan A, leaving Jin when the time is right. It just hasn't gotten to the right time and now there is no right time anymore. This is for the best." He turns and works a bit more, since he has no place to return to, he will start living from his studio.

V sniffs around the house and finds no trace of Suga. Jin is in the bathroom and V transforms. "Strange. He didn't tell me anything about being late. And now he isn't returning home. Guess once a stray cat..." He doesn't end his sentence. He just transforms back to a dog and lays at the bathroom door. Jin finishes his shower and retires to bed. He knows Suga isn't in the house anymore. He closes the door and is all alone in his bedroom. He looks at the head pillow where Suga always lays, curled up, sleeping. It's so empty without him. He takes a rest and lays down. The pillow still smells of Suga. The soft white fur that stroked against his face when going to sleep, the purring sounds and vibrations when Suga climbs on his chest at night. He misses it more than ever. "I got so attached to him... Now the bed feels so cold and alone again." For a second he was thinking of getting V in bed with him, but he shakes his head. He wants to savor the smell of Suga till the end, instead of filling his room with the smell of a dog. He falls asleep, not that easily as other times, but still.

The next day, Jin is in the shop. JK walks in. "Hey Jin! I have the day off so I would like to spend it with V." Jin smiles. "Lucky for you I got him in the back. Go get him." JK cheers and walks to the back, where he finds V laying down in a cage. He opens it and V jumps into JK's arms and licks all over his face. Jin looks at how JK is so cute with V and hopes that JK soon becomes of age and will be able to take care of V himself. They look so good together. JK leaves the shop and Jin is all alone again. "Lucky you. I lost my pet..."And the pain of missing Suga is real again. Somehow it makes Jin not look forward to the end of his day anymore. To return home and not be greeted by the soft kitten anymore. He looks around. He hasn't heard from Yoongi either lately.

SJ: Been a while. Busy with that mixtape? Thought it was all over by now. Shop is looking more and more like a mess lately, where is my volunteer? :D

Yoongi sees that Jin has texted him. He fights his urge to text back and just puts his phone back down. "This is for your own good, Jin."

Jin puts his phone down too. "Come on, even if you are busy, you can at least send something back, even just a 'Busy' would be okay..." Jin is startled at his dependence on Yoongi. Like he is being dumped by Suga and Yoongi. Being let down. The pale, pearly smiled man that became something trustworthy, familiar, gone. Just gone. Jin keeps the hope alive that someday Suga might return to him. But for Yoongi to be an asshole like this is something he never would have guessed. Jin did so much to help Yoongi back on his feet. And now that he did, he dumps Jin like just some trash. Jin feels angry and sad at the same time.