Chapter 18: Acceptance pt 2 - Moving On

Author's note: At home under the eaves is one of my favourite PLA requests ever! It's just so cute watching Ida trying to get the Chimecho away from her, and then, in the end, loving its company uwu

Also, I feel like Chimecho is an underrated Pokemon? Like its so cuteee

I still cry whenever I come across the scene where James said goodbye to his Chimecho T - T

And yes I know it's kind of short AHA I am starting to get tired from college T - T

***

"Have you always been living alone?" Senki sat by the grey-haired lady, watching Chimecho singing as it hung itself under the eave of the house.

"Well, I have been since my love passed away," Ida replied, her voice is gravelly and raspy.

"Oh..." A wave of unspeakable sadness washed over her. She watched as Ida took out a book from underneath her kimono. Senki observed the old woman as she flipped open the pages.

"This was written by my old lad. We have known each other ever since we were little children, and he wrote our life into this book." She gently grazed her fingers over the yellow-tinted page.

"Aren't you sad?" Senki took a deep breath and tried to correct herself, "I mean, that he died."

Senki screamed. Internally.

'OF COURSE, SHE'S SAD YOU IDIOT!'

Ida gave a bitter smile.

"Why, of course, I am, my child. But life moves on regardless." Ida kept her eyes fixated on the book.

"You know, life is just like a book. I kept holding onto the feeling of living with him, reliving our past even though he's gone, re-reading our chapter over and over again. It hurts, but now I've moved on, to the next chapter. With this little Chimecho." Ida looked up to the Chimecho with much loving, soft eyes as the Chimecho gave off a melodic chime in response.

"You can't move on to the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one."