All in part || thirty-eight

•Los Angels, California•
•3:29 pm•
•May 2,2020•

____Angel____

"Angel that's stupid. You two were literally made for each other why the hell would you give that up!" Carmen yells pacing my living room floor while I sit on the couch. I roll my eyes and grab my phone checking the time.

"Carmen I'm grown I can make my own decisions and of their dumb I'll know. You don't have to put in your two cents unless I'm being hurt okay" I huff out waiting for 4 o'clock so I can get ready.

"I hear you but lovey, Isaiah really liked you and you really liked him I'm pretty sure y'all work schedules could've been worked around" she adds on and I sigh shaking my head. "...unless that's really not the reason. Unless there's someone else who you'd much rather be with" she gasps sitting next to me.

"Carmen. Stop" I tell her seeing her eyes widen. "I know who!" I shake my head and stand up going to the kitchen. "Leave it alone Carmen" I said hearing her following close behind me.

"It's youngboy! It's him ! I know it's him!" She squeals and I stop walking. "Oh my god. And all this time I thought you really just wanted to be his friend but NOOOO you want him" she continues and I turn around to her.

"But you know you can't have him..right?" She asks raising an eyebrow. "A-and why not?" I ask clearing my throat. "Why not?! He's in a relationship!" She yells and I shake my head.

"No he's not. They broke up two days ago" I tell her and her mouth drops. "Welp then I was wrong. So what's your plan? Keep in that your insanely in love with him until you burst and drop down to his pleading that he loves you back" she teases and I roll my eyes walking away from her as she laughs.

"I'm kidding angel. I know he feels the same way about you or else he wouldn't have been stalking your every move on ig" she says going to sit on the stool. I turn back to her confused.

"And who told you this?" I ask and she chuckles "Ben-" my eyes widen at the look of shock on her face. "BEN?!?! You and Ben talk?! And you wanna talk about me!! Why didn't you say anything??" I smile big running over to her.

"It was nothing to tell...at first but then. I don't know Angel stop asking me stuff" she covers her face muffling her voice. I laugh sitting next to her.

"It's okay if you're a little confused right now. I'm sure you'll figure everything out soon. Plus he's a really good guy" I nudge her a little and she looks up.

"I can't believe I'm letting a 20 year old give me a relationship lesson" she chuckles and I laugh. "21 in three months stop playinnnn" I drag and she laughs "anywaysss I think you and youngboy would be cute. I see how happy he makes you" she says and I look away the smile on my face growing wider.

"He's good for you and you're good for him. And now that miss thang is out of the picture you two should go for it" she says standing up. I nod looking down at my hands.

"Well he's taking me out tonight. It's not a date or anything well that's not what he said it was" I look up at her and she smiles. "Where y'all going?" She asks opening the refrigerator.

"Perch then somewhere else he didn't tell me about" I tell her and she chuckles "it's definitely a date" she says grabbing a mini bottle of cranberry juice. "I don't know but I'll start getting ready at four" I tell her and she nods.