Chapter 6 (Discharged)

Kimberly's POV

I can't believe what is happening, it just feels so unreal, like why would Carina and her wife who I am yet to meet want me? I have so many problems and they could have literally any kid in the system but they want me, it's the fact she asked too, nobody has ever really asked me if I wanted to be fostered, it just happened.

Then I'd end up with a new family, I'd always hope they would be my final one, the ones to actually care but then it would never work out. So I guess you could say I'm just not berg hopeful, not yet anyway, like Carina is amazing and all, I really have gotten attached to her in such a short period of time and that's not like me at all. Its like I have let my guard down for a change and let her in and I dont know why.

Since I've been in the hospital alot of Carina's coworkers have come to see me, its gonna take time for me to trust them but I already have formed a bond with Meredith, she is just really kind and reassuring. She helped comfort me when I had a panic attack while Carina wasnt here, she even sat at my bedside and held my hand when I didn't want to be alone.

I also like Miranda, or should I say Bailey, considering everyone seems to go by that name, her surname. She is like a mother bear but also super bossy, she doesn't take any crap of anyone which is totally cool. She also told me about her two boys and her little girl she had gotten custody of since her dad had died.

Three other Doctors who work here have also came in briefly to see how I was doing but they haven't been that much for me to get to know them but I remember there names, plus Carina told me last night before she left that they were really nice and that I could trust them. There was Teddy, Amelia and Jo, they all told me to call them by there names and not bother with the formalities.

Anyway, here I am, sat up in the hospital bed for the last time, drawing, I had decided on a unicorn but had drawn him in the hospital scrubs. I also written down a thank you at the bottom to all of them for taking care of me while I was here, "Buongiorno bambina, you ready?" I suddenly heard and looked up to see Carina standing in the doorway with a smile on her face.

"Buongiorno Rina, yea, I'm ready... Do you know where I can put this drawing though, I did it as a thank you for everyone who looked after me" I greeted her as I wore a smile too. She nodded at me and took a peak at the drawing in my hands "that's really good, your very talented, they will love it... How about we put it on the bulletin board?" I shrugged my shoulders at that though as I wasn't very confident in my art.

"I don't think it's good enough to be put on show" I said as my smile turned into a frown, Carina lifted my head with her thumb so I was looking her in the eyes and she smiled "it is better than good bambina, it needs to be seen" I nodded my head at her and replied "if you say so". She then stud me up and placed her hands on my shoulders as she looked me in the eyes "I'm so happy that your coming home with me... Just wait until you see my wife, Maya is going to love you so much".

And with that I picked up my backpack and Mr Fluff, but Carina shook her head and took my bag for me, I smiled at her and then she took my hand in hers as we walked out the room. To my surprise I saw Meredith, Bailey, Amelia, Teddy and Jo all together waiting for me, they all gave me a hug and said really nice things to me, "I mean this in the nicest way possible but I don't want to be seeing you for a while" Bailey said as she gave me a stern but warm look.

I giggled at that and gave her a hug which took her by surprise considering I was the one to go to her, normally it would be people coming to hug me not visa versa. "My talented bambina did a drawing to thank you all, I thought it would look good on the bulletin board, what do you all think?" Carina then mentioned as she held up the drawing so the others could see.