Chapter 19

"M-Mother? Noah? Katherine?"

"You three are alive....?"

"What do you mean?"

"Let's go inside and discuss this." Cassandra says and Kaiba let's them all in. They all sit down in the living room and there is an awkward tension in the air.

"So let's start with how you three are alive?"

"What do you mean? We never died in the first place." Noah speaks up and Mokuba was confused.

"Seto, should I go..?" Airi whispered in his ear.

"No, stay here with me." The two of them held hands and continued to listen to the others.

"Father said you all died in an accident ten years ago."

"That was a lie. I almost did, but I somehow survived."

"What happened?"

Cassandra took a deep breath and began to tell everyone what really happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~

When I was younger, Gozaburo Kaiba was a man who always got what he wanted. He somehow managed to seduce me into marrying him. My family was against it but I was in love with him as well. I abandoned my family and got married to him.

After I had the twins, I started to realize what a big mistake I had made. His behavior started to change. He got abusive and started to beat me at times. As the twins got older, he started being harsh towards Noah.

Gozaburo wanted Noah to be the heir of Kaiba corp and he went through a lot. When Noah got into a car accident, Gozaburo adopted Seto and Mokuba. I watched Noah in a coma for a long time. I treated the others with love and when I saw Gozaburo abuse them, I couldn't take it.

My husband was more harsher on Seto then he ever was on Noah. He would say how Noah was useless all those years and wanted Seto to take over. That poor boy went through so much trauma. Every time I tried to stop it, I would get in trouble.

I tried my best as a mother to care for all the children. I treated Seto and Mokuba as my own. Noah woke up eventually and he was upset that his father replaced him. Gozaburo basically belittled him and told him to never speak to the others.

I then found out that I have a heart condition that may be bad for my health and being with Gozaburo wasn't the best for me. I wanted to take all the children with me to America and leave Gozaburo by himself.

When I confronted him, he wasn't happy. He told me to take Noah and Katherine and leave Seto and Mokuba. When I refused, he threw a fit and threatened to kill all of us if we tried. I tried to sneak out the mansion with all four kids, but we were all separated. I got into a horrible car accident with Noah and Katherine.

I was in a coma for about a few months. Once I woke up, I took my kids and we moved to America quickly. None of my family members wanted to help us so we were living quite poorly.

We all worked part time jobs to get by and eventually we were able to become stable. Many years passed and I was too much of a coward to contact anyone from the Kaiba family. Even when I heard of Gozaburo's death, I didn't do anything.