Chapter 8

It was finally here. The day Airi was graduating from college. She was pretty nervous the night before but now as she stands in front of the stage, she feels glad. So many things had happened this year and she's glad they're finally over.

All her friends were there watching and cheering her along. She saw Mokuba and Seto Kaiba somewhere and there was a lot of reporters. Her older brother was also watching, proud of her.

The dean had come out and said a couple words before calling Airi on stage to say her valedictorian speech. She walked up to the podium and looked over at the amount of people that were here today. Taking a deep breath, she started her speech.

"Hello everyone. Thank you all for taking the time to come here and watch us walk across this stage. Time has definitely flown by and I will never forget the memories I made here. It has been one hell of a ride. We all have big goals we've been dreaming about since the day we set foot in this school. It's time for us to move on to big and better things. I wish everyone good luck and hope you accomplish your dreams." She ended her speech and everyone cheered.

After a couple more awards and words, it was time for everyone to receive their diplomas. Each row had gotten up and Airi was getting more nervous. Once her name was called there were many cheers and applause in the audience. She smiled and shook hands with the dean and received her diploma. She stood still for a couple seconds so people can take pictures.

Once everyone was done receiving diplomas, the dean announced that the ceremony was over and the class had officially graduated. Everyone threw their caps off their heads and cheered. Many parents went over to their kids and Airi took some pictures with her peers before excusing herself over to her brother.

Ryuji hugged his sister tightly and congratulated her. "I'm so proud of you." Tears came out of his eyes and Airi laughed.

"Seriously, stop crying." Her other friends made their way and engulfed her in a group hug.

"Can't breathe guys..." She laughed as they all let go.

"Finally! It's time for us to party!" Anzu says.

"Yeah, were throwing you a party tomorrow night for sure!" Jonouchi says.

"Okay come on guys, group photo!" Everyone gets in for a photo and then suddenly there are cameras flashing everywhere.

"What the hell?" Ryuji looks over and sees Kaiba walk over with Mokuba by his side.

"Congratulations Airi!" Mokuba hands her a bouquet of flowers and Kaiba grabs her hand.

"Congratulations, I hope you have something nice in store for me tonight." He whispers in her ear. She blushes but instantly laughs.

The cameras kept flashing as they take photos of the two. There were girls screaming everywhere. Kaiba excuses himself and takes Airi to a more secluded area.

"What do you want? I have to spend some time with my friends and family."

"Nothing, just needed to get away from the reporters."

"Also, what I have in store for you? I just graduated you owe me." She pouts and looks away. Kaiba smirks and chuckles.

"Do you want to start now?" He said, putting an arm around her waist.

"I'll have to think about it, I'll stop by later if I have to." She excuses herself and leaves him. She meets back up with her brother and friends.

"Come on, why don't we all go get some celebratory lunch? It's on me." Ryuji says.

Everyone cheers and they all go to a fancy restaurant for lunch.