Chapter 7

The next day, Airi had gotten home to find her brother. He was making breakfast, while listening to music. "Nii-chan, you're back already?"

He turned around and she saw his eyes filled with anger.

"Bro, what's wrong?"

"What's wrong? I go out of town for a couple days and find out that my little sister is dating Seto Kaiba! That's what's wrong!"

"Look, It's not what-"

"He ruined our lives and you went back to him? After everything he did, you choose to date him again? Is he harming or forcing you?"

"No, he's not like that anymore. He's different now and-"

"You think he truly cares for you? Airi, that man is nothing but bad news. What makes you think he's going to suddenly change? He's done nasty things in the past; don't forget that. "

"I know and I realized that too, but he's been treating me so different lately; it's too good to be true. He's been helping me with a lot of things and I think he really did change."

"Airi, as your older brother I am telling you to break it off with him. He's a good for nothing asshole who doesn't give two shits about you."

Airi shook her head, tears spilling from her eyes. "I'm sorry Nii-chan, I can't do that."

Ryuji sighs and shook his head. "I can't believe this. You're on your own now; don't come running to me when he betrays you again."

He walks away, leaving breakfast on the table. Airi wipes her tears and begins to eat breakfast alone. She had to do this, to protect her brother from all harm, even if it meant destroying her whole life.

That day Airi spent lazing around her home. Ryuji was gone for business again and her friends were all busy. Kaiba was in meetings all day today, so it was a day to just watch Netflix and eat. She then received a call from Yugi.

"Hey,what's up?"

"I'm throwing a party tonight, there's gonna just be a bunch of us from high school; just wanted to let you know."

"Alright count me in. What's the dress code?"

"Casual but a little fancy. I'll text you the address to the place. "

"Alright; I'll see you later then." She hangs up and goes to her room to look for an outfit. She finds a white long sleeve lace blouse. Taking it out, she looks back into the closet to find a bottom. Finding a black maxi a-line skirt, she throws on the outfit. Looking in the mirror, she applies some light makeup and curls her hair. Feeling satisfied, she grabbed her things and left the house.

When she left, it had already started to get dark. Yugi had texted her to come. Once she reached the destination, she was a little confused. It was a hotel. It looked pretty huge. Once she entered the hotel, the receptionist guided her to a pretty large ballroom.

Once she walked into the room, it was pretty dark. That's weird, did they give me the wrong room? When she walked in completely, the lights turned on, blinding her for a couple seconds.

"Surprise!" Suddenly there was confetti all over her. When she opened her eyes, all her friends were standing there. Mokuba was there too and she also saw Alister . Was Kaiba here as well?

"What in the world? What is this?" She asked as she walked closer to her friends.

"It's your birthday duh! Of course we had to surprise you! You're twenty four now!" Jonouchi exclaimed.