Chapter 11

How did this even happen? I don't even remember what went down. All I remember was trying to call my brother, but he didn't pick up. I tried calling Anzu and then everything was black. Where even am I? All I see around me is black.

"You're such an idiot."

I turn to see who said that. I saw a more sinister version of myself; like a devil.

"He never liked you. You knew that, yet you still fell for him. How pathetic." Her laughter left an echo.

"That's not true. I know deep down he was changing."

"Hah! You sound stupid. You really think you were one of those girls who think they can try changing a guy? What are you, a retard? He was playing you. He used you and once that contract was over, he didn't need you."

A pain rushed through my head and I closed my eyes, clutching my head.

"Face the facts Airi, Seto Kaiba will never be yours and you don't deserve him either. A slut like you will never find a man." The laughter increased and I let out a shriek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Airi's eyes opened and her body shook with pain. She groaned and looked around. She was in a hospital room and her body was covered with injuries. Her leg was in a cast and there was an IV drip connected to her arm.

What had happened? All the memories rushed to her head and she remembered what happened. She was infuriated and saddened at the same time. The room was empty except a nurse who sat in the far back of the room.

She tried getting up but had no energy. She tried speaking but her words didn't come out. A small croak left her throat and the nurse looked up. She quickly got up and walked over to her.

"Otogi-san, you're finally awake! Let me go get the doctor and call your brother!" She rushed out the room and Airi felt a little weird.

She began to cough and slowly began to sit up. It didn't hurt as much before but she managed to sit up. How long was she out for? What happened to Ryuji?

Did he hate her? Is he going to laugh at her for disobeying him? Is he going to tell her that he was right and she deserved it?

After the doctor came to check on her vitals, the door opened and in came Ryuji and all her friends.

"Airi!" Ryuji stared at his sister. Airi realized how terrible he looked. He looks like he hadn't eaten in days, big bags under his eyes. Tears fell from his eyes and he tightly hugged her.

Airi quielty sobbed as their friends watched.

"I thought I lost you...." He looked into her eyes.

Once she calmed down, she looked at her friends.

"It's great to finally have you back." Anzu says and they each hug her.

"I was so stupid, you guys were right. I don't know why I was so obsessed with Kaiba....."

"What happened out there girl?"