Chapter 10

She couldn't believe her eyes. Why was she here and what is he doing with her? Sakura immediately got up and fixed herself and so did Kaiba. She excuses herself and leaves the room, giving Airi a dirty look before she left the room. 

"Why are you still here? You interrupted my work and even ruined it." 

"Work? Banging that slut is work? Did you even forget that I even existed?" 

"That is my business, not yours." 

"Do you hear yourself? Why are you acting like what we had was nothing? Have you seen the news, you're gonna sit there and let it happen?" 

His laugh echoed throughout the room. "Are you crazy? Why would I give two shits about what we were? We had a contact relationship and it's over! I have nothing to do with it and I could care less what the press says about it." 

Airi's body started shaking, she felt the tears fall out of her eyes. "I was such a fool..." 

"What? Did you think we were actually a thing? What made you even possibly think I liked you?" He sat down at his desk and dismissed her. 

"So it was all a lie? Everything that you ever said?" 

"Not really, I am grateful you pleasured me. You're brothers company is safe and I won't mess with him. So this is where we part ways, I suggest you leave; I don't want to see your face." Airi couldn't stand to see his face. She ran out the building and rushed into her car. Driving away with tears streaming down her face rapidly, she starts sobbing. "I'm such an idiot." She thinks back at the last horrible memory of Kaiba she had. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kaiba, did you hear? I got first place" I smiled at the said boy. He looked up from his book irritated. "Good for you." He continued to read his book and I  pouted.

"You're not gonna show any emotions? Wow, what a best friend you are." I scoffed and sat down besides him. The classroom was empty Kaiba looked over at me.

"Best friend? Who said we were friends?" He scoffed.

"What are you saying? We've been friends since last year!"

"You were just someone that was important to me for business affairs. Now that its done, we aren't associated anymore. Friends? What nonsense!" Tears poured down my eyes.

"Oh my, are you crying? Such an attention whore." He laughed.

"How could you play with my emotions like that?"

"Calm down, why are you acting like as if we were dating? No way, are you in love with me?"

He looked over to my tear stained face and I nod. I hid my face in my hands and he laughed.

"Pathetic, I don't want to see your annoying ass. We are not friends and I do not like you what so ever. You were just a pawn." He got up and left.

I was a sobbing mess.

*************************

Back at Airi's house, Ryuji and the others were worried. "I think you were too harsh on her...." Anzu says. 

"She should have know what was coming her way, he is someone that should not be trusted." He says and then his phone rings. It was Airi. Should he pick it up?  He declined the call and shut off his phone. He didn't want to see her or talk to her. 

After everyone left, Ryuji spent his day contemplating what to do. He wanted to contact his younger sister but it's been hours and she wasn't home. When he turned on his phone, he saw a couple miss calls from his sister. He decides to ignore it until he gets a call from Anzu. 

"Whats up Anz-" He didn't even finish talking when Anzu starts shouting at him. 

"Ryuji, why didn't you answer Airi's call?" 

"I don't know, I'm mad at her." 

"Never mind that! You need to get over to the hospital quick!" Ryuji felt his heart stop. 

"What?" 

"It's Airi. She was driving and apparently another car ran over hers. It's bad.....you need to get over here now!" She sounded hysterical and everyone in the back was going crazy. Ryuji dropped everything and ran to his car. He started speeding to the hospital. 

Once he got there, he saw Anzu and the others. "What happened to Airi? Is she okay?" Tears fell from his eyes and the others looked like they were crying. 

"We don't know....they said she was in a bad state when she came in." Yugi says and Jonouchi steps up. 

"She's in surgery they say." 

Ryuji sits down, unable to stand. "What happened? How did this happen?" 

"Apparently she was driving fast and tried calling you. When you didn't pick up, she tried calling me, that's when another car came and it flipped her car over brutally. I tried calling her cell but the police picked up and told me about it." 

Ryuji quiet sobs were heard only by his friends, he regretted not picking up his sisters call. This was his fault and he regretted it. He then remembered Seto Kaiba's face. He got up and excused himself. 

"Wait, where are you going?" Yugi called out to him. 

"Somewhere I should have gone in the first place." He gets into his car and drives to Kaiba corp. He easily got in and reached Kaiba's office. 

His secretary was skeptical and almost pressed the intercom but he stopped her.

"No need, he is expecting me." He walks into the room with a band and Kaiba is at his desk.

"What are you doing here? How did you even get through security?" Kaiba gets up, angry.

Ryuuji is seething with rage. He charges at Kaiba and grabs his collar, slamming him against the wall. Kaiba is quick to hold his wrist.

"You assholr! You ruined my life once and I didn't care. But my sister? You knew how much she was in love with you and you still played her! What is wrong with you?"

Kaiba shakes Ryuuji off him and throws him to the floor.

"I do not care about the mere feelings of a random girl. You two were just in the way of my business and I found a way to get rid of you both. She fell for me on her own accord and will suffer for it!"

"You're so cold! My sister is in the damn hospital on the brink of death and you say she deserves it? I can't believe you!" He gets up and turns around.

"Mark my words Seto Kaiba, if my sister dies, I will put you behind bars." He leaves and Kaiba took a deep breath.

"We'll see about that."

*********

Wow it's been a minute. Sorry for being absent but anyways wow the drama is getting worse. I have no words to say so seeya!