Chapter 3) Enzkriville

●●●

       "Hey!" Zima called out to the running girl, "Can you help us?"

       The girl didn't even acknowledge her as she continued on through the trees, feet stomping harshly against the ground. She was completely zoned out in shock, so focused on moving one foot in front of the other that she probably didn't even hear the vampire. She was sprinting as fast as she could– faster than she could. It's a wonder she didn't pass out.

       It was blatantly obvious that she was sprinting for her life, which caused a sense of panic to rise in the pair. That certainly wasn't a good sign. They jogged to follow her, both in concern and fear, worried about why she was running so desperately, so persistently.

       Adrenaline was pumping throughout her body, the girl couldn't stop even if she wanted to. Her panicked, frantic footsteps caused her to trip over her own two feet, harshly colliding with the cold ground. She immediately began gasping for air as if she were drowning. Her heart beat wildly inside her chest, her skin red and itchy as she wasn't one to sweat. She panted like a dog and could no longer move, now laying on her back in the wet grass. Zima and Kairan walked over to her in worry.

       "Hey! Hey, are you okay?" Zima asked, concerned, as the two of them knelt down beside her. The girl stared at them for a moment before her eyes widened, and she sat up. After taking a second to overcome the shock, she screamed.

       "AHHH! More vampires!" She shrieked while scooting away from them, back in another panic, "Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Oh, fuck! Get away from me, you freaks!" She quickly got up and started running again, though this time she was actively screaming while doing so. Screaming so loudly that her shrieks of terror echoed throughout the forest.

       Zima and Kairan took a moment to process what just happened. They didn't have time to contemplate though, as they were both now confused, curious, and worried. "We're not evil! I know that doesn't mean much but we don't know how we got here! We– we don't even know where we are!" Zima yelled out in poor attempts to get on her side. She then turned into a bat, flew ahead of the girl, transformed back into vampire, and put out her arms to halt her, "We're friendly I promise!"

       The girl stopped dead in her tracks and looked frozen in fear.

       "It's okay, man!" Kairan said both in confidence and comfort, coming up behind her, "We have no idea why we're here to be honest. We aren't looking for trouble or whatever, promise. Can I ask why you're running?"

       "I-I-I-I–" She stuttered, "I-I'm from this town called Melbrew, and my-my friend– well, I don't think she was really my friend– but she– oh, man. She turned out to be an evil vampire who tried to kill me! I-I watched her– I watched her stab my friends to death, I– don't hurt me. Please."

       "Ayo, that sounds traumatic." Kairan said.

       "Kairan!" Zima scolded, "I'm so sorry, are you alright?"

       The green-eyed girl scoffed and fumbled for words, muttering incoherent nonsense before she finally spat out a sentence, "Bitch do I LOOK alright to you?! I just watched my friends get stabbed to death by a crazy fucking vampire!"

       "Well, that's unusual." Zima said, then furrowed her brow as she realized, "Wait– are you a human?!"

       "What the hell do you mean? Of course I'm a human! You mean to tell me you've never seen a human before? What, have you been living under a rock or something?!"

       "Aren't humans supposed to not know about us?" Kairan asked.

       The realization sunk in, "Are– are you not from Earth?" The girl sounded incredulous, "Wait– so– you mean to tell me that the portal around here still exists?!"