Chapter 18) Lanhz Lu Luna

●●●

[ Wednesday March 1st, 2017 ]

-----

        It was Luna’s 18th birthday, and Raven was making a bold move to visit her in person... in her own castle. As a crow she flew over the DV, seeing it in person for the very first time.

        By now winter had come to a close, and was now the first day of Spring. The DV was wet from the newly melted ice, still with a chill to the air. Large patches of snow and ice were still present, but wouldn't be for much longer. Raven landed her corvid feet on the mountain, looking for Luna's open window. Once she spotted her, she flew over and landed.

       "Woah! Dude, you actually made it. That's kind of insane... unless you're just some random crow I'm talking to."

       Raven cawed in response, unable to talk in this form.

       "Come on in, mate." Luna said, stepping aside. Raven flew into the room, landing on the skeleton of a raccoon. Luna closed the window and shut the curtians. Raven transformed.

      "That was quite a flight to get here, I'll tell you that."

       "I'd imagine. I'm surprised you insisted on coming here, though. I thought we were just gonna meet in Shadowville again."

       "I wanted to take the leap."

       You can tell a lot about a person by the things they keep in their room. Taking in her surroundings, it was impossible to miss her love of a popular Tech Era band. “You really like Lanhz Lu LXNX, huh?”

       “Dude, you have no clue, I’m obsessed! They’re one of the most popular bands of all time, and created Techwave. Dude, they were a staple and defining, rebellious feature to the Tech Era! The Tech Era wouldn’t have been the same without them! We have to learn about them in history, they completely challenged the censorship of the music industry and did something that NO ONE had had the guts to do before them! They cursed, and yelled, and were completely unfiltered. People didn't do that before them! Music was clean as clean can be! This was right after the rather puritan Art Era, too. Since the Tech Era was a huge boom in technology, this time period was incredibly experimental and alternative.

       Lanhz Lu LXNX not only broke barriers in what was considered appropriate, but they completely took planet Golwin on full storm. They were four rebels who were pissed off at LXNX and now the corrupt Golwin government. They’re a complete wonder and enigma, we know so much about what they did, but nothing about who they were as people. They were completely anonymous, and I think that’s why people liked them so much, the mystery, you know?

       They wore the same black outfits from head to toe, wearing masks that covered their entire face. The only thing on show was their hair, which were wigs to tell them apart. Their wigs were all the same length and fluffy texture. The guitarist had neon green hair, with blues and yellows in it. The pianist had vibrant orange hair with a red tint and yellow highlights. The violinist had white hair with hues of purple and pink. And the drummer had blue hair with purples in it. They looked so cool, it was the iconic LLL look. Their black masks make them look so creepy, but God, they also looked so cool. The Fires of 40 Thousand may have destroyed a lot of things, but I’m glad the records of LLL remain untouched.

       I just… The Tech Era is my favorite Era, I’m absolutely fascinated by everything that happened in those 5,000 years. The New Era was the Era that followed, which is when Moonsun got its start, then leading into the Moonsun Era before the fires took everything out at the end of it. I believe those 10,000 years of peace couldn’t have been accomplished without the rebellion of the Tech Era. If it weren't for the fires, who knows how things could be right now?