Chapter 17) Lutho's Journal

●●●

       Once again, another month had passed by, and just as Raven and Luna agreed upon, they met up once more. It was February 11th, 2017, just one day shy of a full month. Now that the harshness of mid winter had passed, the skies began to open up, though snow still fell. Within the coming weeks it is to soon melt, making way for the coming spring as the dimension of shadows begins to regrow. Disguised as goavins like before, the royal pair walked through Shadowville, snow still on the ground as it fell from the sky in small, sparse flakes of the soon to close season.

       The moon was bright in the sky, casting its glow down over the city village, the white lunar light reflecting off the snow. Goavins were out and about on the brighter day, chatting, shopping, and walking. Raven and Luna were laughing with one another inside the Shadow family's castle.

       "Oh, Jacquie, you're fecking hilarious!" Luna said.

       "I am?" The queen questioned with a tilt to her head, and the two laughed more.

       "You're funny because you have no idea that you're funny." Raven said.

       "Lol, just like you." Luna said to Raven.

       "I'm only funny because I have no idea how to respond to your absurdity!"

       "I do have that effect on people." Luna said, nodding her head and smiling in pride.

       Raven rolled her eyes with a smile, changing the conversation, "So, Jacquie, any new news?"

       "Not really, no. Not sure if that is good or bad, though."

       "Depends on why there's no news, I guess.” Raven said, “Is it because everything’s been boring and peaceful, or is it like us who have families working on something massive behind the scenes that results in constant, looming anxiety?”

       Jacquie blinked a few times, “... I know that I have a lot to work on when it comes to the realm of friendships and communicating with other people, but I think you need to work on your anxiety problem. Though your fears are valid and understandable, it isn’t worth the constant fear, is it? My mother once said that if you are worried about something that is out of your control, you will drive yourself to the grave from stress. If it IS within your control, stress is not going to help you. You cannot properly handle what has to be dealt with if your mind is clouded with fear and racing thoughts.”

       “Well, damn.” Luna said, “She told you!”

       “Well… how would you recommend dealing with it?” Raven asked.

       “It is not an easy task to handle. I myself struggle greatly with the sense of fear, it would make me a foolish liar to say otherwise. Fear can keep us grounded, and aware. It is not a bad thing to feel fear, but it becomes such when you let it control you. As my mother said, One must be at peace with fear, acknowledge it, understand it, and understand why it frightens you. Being a demon Princess here in the Shadow Realm, I have had a relationship with the darkness for my whole young life. My parents always believed that it was essential to the experience of being a Shadow creature. It is just that my mother understood it from an inward perspective, while my father spread it outwards…”

       “You’re incredibly wise, your mother sounded like a very intelligent person.” Raven said, “If you don’t mind me asking, where are all of the other demons? Besides Hell, of course.”

       "Well, being a demon I'm not quite sure. I'm the only demon in the Shadow Realm, and that alone is hard enough. I'm pretty sure my dad made a deal with the Devil he couldn't follow through on."