Chapter 11) Unease

●●●

[ Saturday November 12th, 2016 ]

-----

       It didn't take long before the Realm of Shadows was plunged into a deep, unshakable fear. An anxiety that grew by the day, fueled by panic and paranoia. Every creature alike was on edge, not because of those of Light, but because of one another. The unrest only grew as days and weeks passed by, as if the colder the weather grew, so did their hearts and souls.

       Princess Luna sat at her bedroom desk, slouched in bad posture. She wore a bored, unamused face as she scrolled through online socials discussing the news. If she could legally have a secret account, she would be trolling people left and right to stir up drama and make them angry. Alas, she appears online as an official, professional, government figure. She can only fantasize about her internet fun.

       In contrast to her bored look was her blaring music, playing loudly from her headphones as usual. You could hear the muffled sounds from the otherside of the room. The song was called, Sah Izrm Uzoo, translating to, The Rain Falls, from Lanhz Lu LXNX’ eleventh album. It was her favorite band, dating all the way back to the Tech Era around 40,000 years ago.

       Her bored expression turned confused as she opened up her direct messages tab on Shadow’s Social. It quickly turned into a look of absurd amusement as a sly grin began to form onto her elvish face. She began typing back. On her message board, read:

       Four (4) New messages from verified user PrincessRaven

- Hey, wolf, I know things were tense during that meeting but I'm gonna strike up a deal with you, m'kay? You pretend to care about this conflict, and I'll be around for your strange amusement.

- If you're not exactly sure what I mean by that, come and meet me and I'll tell you in person.

- I have plans. You seem eager.

- Message me back.

       Luna typed back:

- We should meet up. I hear that Shadowville's Tenebris Forest is always rather deserted. It's not too hard to get there, all it takes is a quick trip across Shadowville bridge after a short walk from the portal. In fact, I'm free today! It is Saturday after all. What say we meet this evening?

       A few minutes tick by, and another message is sent.

- I'll see you at 4pm. No exceptions.

       Luna grinned and typed back:

- See you there

-----

       Luna wore a smile as she shut her laptop. What a good start to her day! She immediately jumped into the shower, transforming between all of her forms to make sure she was clean in all three. She probably should've done it a bit slower, though, as it became rather disorienting to shift between forms in such quick succession. Never again, she thought.

       She got dressed in her ripped black jeans, pulled her hair back into a loose ponytail, threw on a black cloak, grabbed a bag, and headed out of her cave, down the halls.

       She pushed past the castle guards as she opened the castle doors to the right, getting greeted with a face full of chilly autumn air. She breathed it in with a deep breath as she then began to walk forward, her arms dropping to her sides as she let the double doors shut on their own behind her. She proceeded to transform into her werewolf form to stay warm, and began her walk into town.