Decent

AU: Season 3 doesn't happen, it's a normal summer, the Mind Flayer is gone for real, Billy was never possessed so he did't die, and Hopper wasn't captured by russians.

Billy was in the open field that had become the pumpkin patch, it would take a while to get the land back to raise pumpkins again, so it was an abandoned piece of land, he was sitting on the hood with a cigarette in his mouth, hanging out, when he heard the siren of Hopper's ATV, he looked down the dirt road a few feet away from him going back to town and saw the car chasing something, he thought he saw a bicycle? He didn't know how he hadn't caught up with it already. He got off the hood and got into the car, started it up and drove straight down the road blocking the road at the right time, the bike hit his car and the man flew over it, he got out of the vehicle and grabbed the guy tightly by the wrists; he would barely make it to 30, he could handle him plenty, he pulled him in and slammed him against the hood taking another drag on his cigarette. Hopper stopped the car a few meters away from Billy's, getting out with handcuffs in hand and a face of few friends, in a few steps he was next to him.

-You're going to be in the hole for a long time just for making me chase you -he said.

Jim placed the handcuffs roughly giving him "unintentionally" a couple of blows.

-Thank you, Billy, this asshole was already swelling my balls.

-To command, boss.

Of course they treated each other like that, Max was best friends with Jane, the police chief's daughter, so Billy chauffeured them both around quite often, and sometimes stayed at the cabin if Hopper got back late, plus he went to the Saturday meetings because Max made him, so he drank beers with the man every week.

-What were you doing here? -Jim asked as he lifted the man into the car.

-I have to do  omething while I'm supposed to be working -Billy said bluntly.

-Supposed to be? I don't understand you.

Billy took the last puff and tossed the cigarette away, stubbing it out with his foot.

-Well, you know my dad kicked me out of the house and now I live with Steve, but I still drive Max everywhere because my old man is too much of a bastard to even take his daughter to school, but every time I go he gives me a hard time about "you're a fucking faggot and a kept man to boot", so in a fit of rage I told him I had a job and that I was covering my expenses as well as Steve.

Hopper looked at him attentively nodding at those things he already knew and raising his eyebrows at those he didn't, he understood perfectly well why Billy had told him that, but not why the young man was there instead of looking for a real job, the blond seemed to realize.

-Everyone in town knows me by now, boss, they're afraid I'll start a fire or something, I don't blame them.

-You want to work for me? You just prevented an escape, I know you're fast and strong, I know you and where you live, that's all I need, I don't care about your past.