Vacations on wheels

AU: Vecna is dead, everyone is fine (Eddie doesn't die) and Billy was alive in the Upside Down (you can take my Dear Billy shots for reference).

He threw the cigarette butt on the ground and crushed it with his foot, it was the fourth cigarette he had smoked in that half hour, Steve would probably kill him for leaving the entrance to his garden dirty. Billy looked up to look once more at the imposing caravan towering behind him, his attention was claimed by the footsteps of Max, who was bringing in a box full of food, then he moved on to Steve, who was leaving the house.

-Remind me one more time why the hell we're doing this?

-Because after all this crap we deserve a vacation like normal people, okay? Besides, we have to take El and Will home to California, so we two get away and enjoy ourselves a little while.

-And why didn't they go by plane? I'm sure it's cheaper than renting this trailer and the gas it's going to swallow.

Steve stood in front of him, hands on hips, slightly leaning to one side, in "mom pose."

-Billy, do you want me to punish you or what?

The blond grinned slyly as he chuckled in that way Steve liked so much.

-Definitely

The brunet blushed looking away quickly, he removed the pose and crossed his arms in a protective way, even his ears were red. Billy loved to see him embarrassed.

-Oh come on, Bills -said Max coming out of the trailer -I haven't seen my friends for almost a year and I almost got killed by that thing, you just came back from the dead, can't we enjoy this? We'll go back to California, to the sun and the beach, back home.

Steve couldn't help the smile he got when he heard Max calling him "Bills", being sister and brother, no longer afraid, knowing that the blond really loved her. After all , he had died to protect her and her friends, he could have run away when Eleven woke him up, he could have fled without looking back, but instead he planted his feet firmly and died for them.

-Ugh all right -he growled rolling his eyes and ruffling Max's hair -But I don't want to see cuddling, dipshit!

-Does that include you and my nanny?

Despite being alluded to, Steve also loved that Max had  a tongue as sharp as Billy. The blond's eyes widened in surprise for an instant, then he looked away and covered Max's face with his hand, the redhead laughing happily. At that instant a great clatter of stomping announced the arrival of the rest of the troop, the children appeared running through the door and climbed into the caravan, Steve returned to leave everything securely locked up at home. There were no parents there, the goodbyes had taken place the night before when they dropped the kids off at his house for a sleepover. Steve walked over to Billy and handed him the keys, the blond looked at him somewhat confused, he had received the news of the trip the night before and only knew they were going all the way to California by motorhome, end of statement.

-Wait... Do I have to drive?

-Of course, curly, that's why you're the expert here.