VI: Interests

VI: Interests

Third POV

Katsuki could feel the rays of the sun hit his back as his curtains were being opened up. As the familiar scent of freshly pressed clothing lingered around his nose.

"My Prince, it's time to take up." Izuku's voice rang in front of him, as Katsuki's eyes fluttered open, staring at the boy who stood obediently by the bedside, holding his outfit for today.

Katsuki furrowed his brows as he sat upright, rubbing the sleepiness from his eyes, "Izuku... I thought you said you'd quit."

"You already know my reasons for staying as your maid." Izuku sighed, his gaze shifting to the floor, "Besides, I wanted to apologize for what I said to you about being a prince last night."

"It was disrespectful and extremely uncalled for and I would hate for my actions to give you the wrong impression of me or my stepdad."

He looked up again, "Now, it's time for you to get ready, My Prince."

Katsuki slipped out of bed, thinking about Izuku's character reversion; he was acting like earlier before that night.

He walked towards the boy, watching how Izuku slowly shriveled to avoid any contact.

Assuming the worst, Izuku was surprised to find that Katsuki wasn't gonna strike him, rather the blond has merely ruffled his hair.

"Don't apologize." he spoke monotonously, "Don't ever apologize for something you were right about."

"It makes you look weak."

Izuku watched him walk away, swallowing hard.

Up until Katsuki had finished getting ready for the day, Izuku had stayed quiet and merely just observed and waited for any orders.

There was a knock at Katsuki's chamber doors, Izuku opening them up to reveal Kaminari and Kirishima with buzzed looks on their face.

"Bakugo, you'll never guess it!" Kaminari exclaimed, brushing past Izuku a bit with a glimmer in his eyes, "They've finally cleared out the thicket to the spring of Selene!"

Katsuki narrowed his brows, "And that means..?"

Kirishima had a bounce in his step, "This means that we can finally kick off the summer solstice by heading to the spring and being the first to check it out again."

Katsuki looked over to Izuku who clasped his hands, simply waiting off to the side.

"Fine, we'll go." Katsuki responded, sliding his food off to the side, "Izuku, prepare towels and other stuff needed for the spring, then meet us at the stables."

Izuku nodded exiting the room to head down to the clothes cleaner to pick up fresh towels.

. . .

Izuku watched as the surrounding areas became thicker and thicker with bushes and trees as they rode along a winding path.

Kirishima and Kaminari rode up ahead, while Izuku gently held onto Katsuki.