09: Death Pack

A few minutes back...
Midnight ran as fast as he could, he started to catch up to Melody.
Melody didn't dare to look behind her, she kept on moving.
She felt Midnight fall behind, then he sped up again. Melody used the sunlight to bring her up to the safety of a tree. A golden ledge appeared and Melody jumped on it to climb to the nearest branch of a tree.
Midnight paused, looking up. He was panting. Midnight backed up then started to leap from branch to branch until he reached Melody.
Melody curled up into a tight ball, she thought she was hidden. Warm sunlight covered her, making her coat glisten.
With a thump, he landed on the branch and slowly walked towards the she-wolf. Melody didn't hear it. He sat down next to her and waited. His gaze went straight to Melody.
She slowly lifted her head, "Why did you follow me here?" She asked, her purple-blue eyes filled with sadness and regret.
"I wanted to- I already forgave you-" Midnight looked at the sky.
"Y-you did-but I.. I did spy on you, I tried to run, but something- someone held me back- and then- and then I saw that Blitzer wasn't lying... I was so worried too, that the wolf was going to hurt you..." Melody mumbled.
"WAIT WHAT!" Midnight said in shock.
Melody didn't say the other things he had said. Melody winced. Midnight's eyes blazed with anger as he leaped down from the tree and cantered away.
Melody buried her head in her fur.

A thunder bolt suddenly erupted in front of her. A pitch-black wolf with beach yellow eyes stalked up to her. Melody jumped backwards.
"Who are you!" She shouted.
"I am Cyclone from Storm Pack, although now I enjoy my afterlife in Death Pack." Cyclone said.
"Death Pack...." Melody stammered.
"Oh, so you're looking for the wolf you left you, who deserted you, who now hates you?" He snarled.
Melody looked around for Midnight, but he was nowhere to be seen.
"He doesn't-" she began, realizing what he said was partially true.
"Look she-wolf, do you want to know something?" He growled, getting impatient.
Melody looked down, she couldn't run, he would just catch up to her and- she decided now to think of what would happen. She looked up, nodding.
Cyclone smirked, "I was the one who held you there. You should of lied, and then you wouldn't be in this situation!"
Her eyes began to swell with tears, "But I could never-"
"Shut it. I am going to offer you something that will change your life for the better." He lied. "Join Death Pack, I will tell you one thing: Everyone back at that pathetic cave hates you, Fire Pack is about to plan an attack on Sun Pack. The Ones Above told you that your mission was to slay the Dragon King, but they lied. It is to stop Fire Pack- which is impossible unless you join us. Your mother is going to be killed by them, and you will rise to Leader. Without our help, your reign will end up in the Pack being wiped out by Fire Pack. Everyone you knew has lied to you. The only choice is to join us." Cyclone insisted, circling Melody.
Melody was trembling too much that she couldn't answer the he-wolf. Everything around her turned black, making it impossible for her to see farther than Cyclone.
Melody remembered her mother, all her new friends, the Pack back home, then she thought of Fire Pack at the meetings- They were always late. Then she remembered Midnight cantering in a fit of fury away from her. Frustrated Raven, Blitzer telling on her.
A light shone onto Melody, filling her with courage.

Nearby, Twilight crouched on the ground. It was painful for her back leg. She resisted the urge to stand up and expose herself.

"No" Melody finally answered.
"Well this is going to be difficult..." Cyclone spat.
Twilight froze, she felt a chill go down her spine. Her scarred face was impossible to see right now, until she exposes herself...
Cyclone leaped on Melody and clawed her. Melody yelped in pain. She kicked the he-wolf off of her.
Cyclone snarled then charged at her. Twilight got up and started to move closer.
"Join us!" The he-wolf chanted, he was unaware of Twilight.
A sudden ringing screamed in Melody's ears. "No! Twilight, run!" She screamed.
Twilight froze then shook her head. "Twilight, please!" She called.
Twilight was in a tail's reach with Cyclone. The black he-wolf spun his head all the way around until he faced Twilight.
Twilight bared her teeth. Ignoring the blood loss and the ringing, Melody launched herself onto the demon's twisted back.
"Pfft, looks like you brought a friend. This will be fun." Cyclone laughed. As those words left the demon, Twilight clawed his ear.
Cyclone swung his tail at all of them, whacking them into trees.
Twilight struggled to get to her paws. Melody winced as she got up again.
"Twilight! Leave now! It's too dangerous!" Melody called.
"No!" Was all Twilight replied.
Melody launched herself back on Cyclone's back, she started digging her fangs into his neck. Cockroaches started crawling to where there should've been blood.
Twilight held down Cyclone's back legs and tail. He screamed in fury and pain.
A huge beam erupted through the forest, Twilight looked up, seeing a furry Earth Pack wolf cantering down it.
He struck the demon with one massive fluffy paw, striking him down. Melody and Twilight watched Cyclone's body turn to dust.
"Back to the Ones Bellow you go you horrible wolf!" Lichen shouts triumphantly. Twilight's gaze dropped to the ground.
"Twilight! Are you okay!?"
"I'm fine, what about you?"
"I'll live.." She replied, ignoring all the cuts that would eventually turn into a nasty scar.
"Listen up," The wolf from the Ones Above called over to them.

As Twilight turned to him, the darkness faded into a beautiful night sky. Melody sat in front of the he-wolf. "Melody, he's right about the prophecy... most of it... " Lichen admits.
Melody saw Twilight's eye widen, "What do you mean?" The dark grey she-wolf asked.
"The true prophecy is that you five are to defeat the Fire Pack leader.. Blitzer knew of this, it was probably just too much for him to say." Lichen explained, "We couldn't tell you earlier, it was too dangerous- With fire pack and the
Ones Bellow."
"He...he..did?" Twilight stared at her paws.
"It is good that you didn't join Death Pack, once you become Leader that would of brought the pack to destruction" Lichen praised Melody, then he turned to Twilight, "Yes. He did know." He growled.
Melody heard Lichen mutter under his breath, "Raven is to nice to him..."
Twilight seemed ready to faint, this was probably took much for the young she-wolf. Knowing that her own soon-to-be mate knew this large and important secret.

Melody walked over to Twilight to comfort her. "He was probably too shy to tell you.." She whispers.
Twilight nodded slowly, avoiding their gaze.
Lichen continued, "It is not certain that your mother will die, but you will have to fix this problem yourselves,"
"We don't want the other packs to get involved." He added.
Melody nodded and Twilight didn't respond.
"Now, I must return back to the Ones Above." Lichen announced, letting the light absorb him back.
Twilight looked up to watch the he-wolf go.
"Let's go back.." Melody suggested, "We need to bring the others the news of this change."
"Yes..." Twilight mumbled. She got up and started limping away. "I still can't believe that that just happened.." Melody mumbled.
"I can't believe that a wolf from the
Ones Bellow held me there and made me spy.." She grumbled.
Twilight ignored Melody. Melody noticed Twilight, "Need help walking?" She asked.
"No.. I don't" Twilight muttered. Melody nods. They traveled for a long time since Twilight was going at a slow pace.