17: The New Alpha

Earlier that day..
A dark flame burst into the sky. Blitzer watched the fire spread. He looked up, a dragon soared by. He could hear cries for help. He could see fire engulf wolves....

Blizter burst open his eyes. "What was that?" His mind whispered. Did it mean something with the dragons is going to happen? No, it couldn't. Blazer was captured, there was no way the dragons would help them.
Blizter rose to his paws. His paws were trembling. That nightmare did haunt him.
Looking around, he could see Cinder talking to Dawn. Their expressions showed that they were worried.
He tilted his head curiously. "What are they talking about?" He thought. Blizter fought the temptation to eavesdrop. He twitched his ear.
He looked away from them, and saw Flare talking to Flame. Their names were almost the same. There seemed to be pride in Flame's gaze.
"Flame is probably talking about how he did in the battle. He is probably lying about some of the stuff." Blizter realized.
An image of Twilight flashed through his head. "Oh, Twilight!" Blizter thought, "I miss you so much! I shouldn't have left you-"
His thoughts were interrupted by Flame,"Do you want to come and hunt with me?" Flame asked.
"No. You interrupted my thoughts.." Blitzer wanted to say.
"Maybe I should say yes? Or maybe I should say no after all. Wait, maybe I should say not yet, or maybe I should say-"
"Do you want to go hunting with me?" Flame asked again. This time, Flame was exasperated.
"Oh. He's annoyed now. Great." Blitzer sighed.
He decided to settle with, "Not yet."
Flame looked ready to claw Blizter's ear off for sure. Would he really do that? Flame, however, didn't. He whipped around without another word and left.
Blizter sighed once again. Another image of Twilight flashed through his head. Then it hit him. Where was Wildfire?
Worry shot through him as fast as a lightning bolt. He was about to run around calling for Wildfire. Then he saw her. She entered the clearing, there was a rabbit in her jaws. Blizter snuck into the shadows.
"I hope she doesn't see me." He thought.
Blizter got down into a crouch. He was going to surprise Wildfire.
Wildfire sauntered past Blitzer's hiding spot. Blizter leaped behind her and said, "Surprise!"
Wildfire dropped her prey and turned around.
"Good work," She praised him, "You almost scared all the fur out of me."
Pride lit Blitzer's gaze. He could tell everything that was happening in Fire Pack to Melody, Midnight, and Raven. Most of all, to Twilight.
Fire Pack was currently leaderless. He wondered how Fire Pack would be able to find a leader. Blazer and Cinder didn't have pups. There was no one royal left, right? Well other than Cinder, there was none.
"Thanks." Blizter smiled.
Then Blazer's words shot him, "We are Fire Pack. We are the strongest. We have no allies. We have no friends. We don't make friends with other Pack wolves, least of all, love them. We should rule the forest. We should be the leaders."
Wildfire turned around and said, "I should bring this to Cinder now. She needs it." Wildfire then picked up the prey in her jaws.
Blizter nodded, and he watched Wildfire walk away.

It had been five days now. Blizter had dreams of dragons and Fire Pack taking over the forest. He had shoved those dreams away.
Cinder raised her head and yowled, "Wolves of Fire Pack! We must have a new leader! Gather, and I'll announce who they are."
Blizter watched the wolves of Fire Pack scramble around Cinder. He thought of Twilight once again. She probably missed him. Blitzer desperately wanted to see her again.
"I can't survive without her!" Blitzer's mind wailed.
He tried to push Twilight away. He should probably know better now. He was in Fire Pack once again, shouldn't he be happy? Blitzer had never wanted to leave Fire Pack, but he left because of that prophecy. He met Melody, Raven, Midnight, and Twilight. They were wolves from different packs.
Melody of Sun Pack, Midnight of Moon Pack, Raven of... no pack at all. And above all, Twilight of Storm Pack.
Blitzer sat down besides his mother. The Fire Pack wolves wanted to hear who their new leader would be.
Blizter dug his claws into the ground. When would he tell Twilight? When would he tell Twilight that he was the one who saved her... when would he? Blitzer had never wanted to tell Twilight, but she deserved to know.
He didn't want to tell her for so long, he just couldn't.
He wasn't a hero. He had been so rude to Raven. He should've known better than that.
He shoved away his thoughts to hear Cinder's words.
"As you know, Blazer, our leader and my mate, has been captured. We will not seek revenge on those wolves, for they are innocent. I knew what Blazer was doing was bad. He changed, he wasn't the wolf I knew anymore. But now he's gone, and we need a new leader." Cinder paused and scanned the wolves.
"Wildfire will lead us." Cinder announced.