18: Return

A few moments later..
"What?!" Flame exploded. "Why her and not me!"
Blitzer stared at his father. Shouldn't his father be more... proud?
"Wildfire will lead us," Cinder repeated, "Not you, Flame. True, that your father is related to Blazer's but, I know what will happen to the pack if you lead us. You'll lead us straight back to war."
Flame stared at Cinder coldly. He whipped around and vanished into the forest.
Another image of Twilight flashed through Blitzer's head. "When will I see her again?" Blizter thought. He glanced at his mother, who was stunned.
"Wait, why me?" Wildfire found her voice, "Out of all Fire Pack wolves, why me?"
"I know you'll be a great leader, Wildfire. You care for your Pack, especially for your son."
Blitzer felt excitement run through him. His mother was going to be the Pack leader! Fire Pack will become how it used to be again, before Blazer came along!
Wildfire dipped her head. "I'll serve Fire Pack with all my power. Blazer destroyed Fire Pack, and I'll do the best I can to bring Fire Pack back."
Cheers rippled through the crowd like a wave. Blizter could hear them chant, "Wildfire! Wildfire!"
Wait a minute, does this mean he would be a royal?! No no no! He'll have to give up Twilight. He couldn't give her up. He cared for her too much. Blizter shoved all the horrors into his 'Get out of my mind' section. He couldn't leave Twilight. He couldn't..

It's been two days since Wildfire became leader. Under her leadership, Fire Pack was rising again.
Blitzer had been having nightmares about the dragons and Blazer working together. He kept seeing the fire engulf the forest. The cries of wolves in the air.
Blitzer looked at his mother. She had been very busy from day one. It was almost like she didn't have time for him anymore.
He understood though. Being a leader wasn't easy, especially when you have to bring back your worn out Pack. Blizter felt a stab of guilt. He left Twilight and the rest. He was sure they wouldn't welcome him back.
He scanned the clearing. Wildfire was extremely busy. Flame hasn't returned.
Where was he? Blitzer looked at the sky. He should go back to the others, they needed him probably. He needed to tell them about the nightmares he was having. He would miss mother, but he definitely wouldn't miss his father.
Blizter walked towards Wildfire. He had to tell her.
"Mother?" He asked.
Wildfire sent Dusk away then turned to Blitzer, "Yes?"
Blitzer took in a breath. He swore he could hear Twilight's voice in his mind. He pictured Twilight and the others then said, "I think I should return to the others. The others meaning Twilight, Raven, Midnight, and Melody. Do I have permission to go?" Blitzer drew in his breath, waiting for Wildfire's answer.
There was sadness in her eyes. "Blitzer, you have my permission." Wildfire said, "You'll always be welcomed back to Fire Pack. You'll always be part of Fire Pack."
Excitement shot through Blitzer, mixed with a relieved feeling. "Thank you, mother!" He said. He was going to see Twilight again! He hadn't seen her in a couple of days, -although it felt like years- and now he'll be with her again!
Wildfire nuzzled Blizter. "You're my son, and you'll always be. All I want is to make you happy."
Blitzer smile at his mother. He was going to return.