Prologue

Talia's POV
I was just getting home from the store when I checked my phone and saw a voicemail from Stephen

"Hello Talia I'm calling you to tell you we are over. I've found someone better then you,"

I broke down In tears and sunk to the floor. H-He found someone better then me? I'm not good enough? Why am I so fat and stupid. I sobbed. I looked at the simple diamond ring on my middle finger. It had been Stephens token of love he had given me.

I rested a hand on my stomach. He left me and I never told him I was pregnant with his child. He will never have custody of her as long as I'm alive. He left us. So now I'm cutting him from my life. I slowly got up and pulled out a bottle of wine, I had a cup to my lips when I thought of the child growing inside of me. Better take care of myself for the baby. I drained the glass in the sink and then poured the rest of the bottle out to.

3 months later
I was laying down on the hospital bed and the nurse was rubbing the ultrasound jelly over my growing belly. "Well then let's see what your having," I smiled ruefully. The nurse waved the wand over my stomach I waited for a couple moments of tense silence until she finally found the baby. "Oh looks like it's a baby girl!" I smiled brightly and thanked her.

2 months later
I was sitting on my couch watching TV when I felt a stirring in my stomach. She's moving! I slowly put my hand over the spot where I felt the moving. I slowly started to sing. I felt her move more when I was singing.

4 months later
The nurse laid a beautiful baby girl in my arms. My baby. I saw some of her father in her eyes and cheekbones. I'm not angry with Stephen any more. He gave me my baby. I smiled down at her as she laid in my arms warm and comforting. That moment was when I knew would give my life for this child.

5 years later
Time has flown my Lily has grown. Todays her 10th birthday. I know 10 doesn't seem that much but it shows my baby girl is growing. I've stayed away from alcohol for all her life. I can't say the same about Men though. I still had the ring on my finger he had given me all those years ago.