Chapter 3

Lilian's POV
The next morning I was dressed and ready to go. Olivia my Mom's lawyer had picked me up and was going to take me to my father. The car ride was quiet. Once we got there she knocked on the door. A tall man with striking eyes and strong cheekbones answered. I could feel his eyes sweep over me. "Doctor Strange?" The lady asked and he nodded. She was holding my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze

She handed my hand to him and he took it. My tiny hand was swallowed in his big hand. "This is Lilian Alima Strange your daughter," I looked at him again. That's my Dad? He also gave my hand a reassuring squeeze. But his hand was cold so it did the exact opposite of what he intended it for. The adults exchanged a couple more words before we walked into his apartment.

I looked around in awe. I had never seen a room this large in my life. There was floor to ceiling windows and I could see a pretty skyline of buildings. Doctor Strange pulled me over to a fancy couch and set me beside him. I was still holding Gregory the Wolf to my chest. My Mom had given him to me along with a matching wolf onesie. The adults did more boring adult stuff talking and signing something.

Then Olivia rushed out and I was picked up by Strange again. I have legs. I grumbled in my head. But he also grabbed up the car seat she had left us. He struggled for awhile to get it into the the car and secured. But then he buckled me into it. I had yet to say a word in front of him. On the way to wherever we were going I heard him talking to a women and then a man. I fell asleep

When I woke up I was in his arms again being carried into a hospital. I delft another pair of arms take me and set me on her hip. I knew it was a her because of the way she held me. It reminded me of my mom. I was swept away from him. I noticed how they both looked at each other lovingly the same way my Mom looked at her boyfriend.

The person who was carrying me walked away from him and she noticed how my eyes followed him "It's okay Lily. He'll be back. I'll watch over you while he is gone. I'm Christine," I looked at her with big eyes. She smiled kindly I smiled back at her but rather timidly. She carried me to the nurses station. "Who's this?" She asked and pointed to my wolf "Gregory the wolf. My mama gave him to me," I said softly. She smiled kindly again.

Then another nurse came in, and stopped dead when she saw me. "Who's this Chrissy?" Christine looked up. "Strange came in with her. He said he would explain it to me later. But while he is in surgery I'm tending to her. Her names Lilian," the other lady nodded. And got on my level "Hey there," I smiled softly and waved at her. She smiled warmly at me.

Christine gave me her phone to play on and some snacks. Then she sat me down on a comfy chair beside the desk. While she did her rounds. After a couple of hours I curled up and fell asleep.