Chaoter 10

Strange's POV
I turned around to see my little girl on the floor with blood pooling around her. LILY! My baby girl! "Lily!" I screamed, and punched the guy that stabbed her in the jaw. The Cloak wrapped itself around the guys head and tossed me my sling ring. I made a portal to my old place of work, and gently picked up my trembling daughter. I rushed through the portal. "Sir, can I help you?" A nurse asked."Dr. Palmer, where is she?" My voice strained. I was on the brink of tears. "Sir, we need to..," I shook my head my voice getting even more wobbly "Where is she?" She sighed noticing the blood all over me and dripping on the floor. Every drop of blood from her brings me closer to losing her. I thought franticly "At the nurses station," I nodded

"Christine!" Christine came around the corner. "Stephen? Oh my god. What...," she rushed over and looked at Lily "We need to get her on an operating theater now. Just you. Now! She doesn't have any time!" She rushed us to an operating room. "What happened?" I looked at Lily. She was as pale as ever. "Stabbed. Cardiac tamponade," Christine looked at me then back to Lily. "What are you guys wearing?" I pointed back at Lily. She tapped Lil's chest "The chest cavity is clear," she saw I was close to tears as I said. "The blood... is in the pericardial sac" Lily's hand dropped over the edge "No. No no no no no no no!" Christine got her attached to the vital monitors. "Lily! Lily!" I saw Lily go into the astral dimension. "I'm going to drop to the floor in a moment don't be alarmed," she nodded completely confused.

"Hey Lily," she waved "Hey Dad," I hugged her in my astral body. I looked over at Christine. Who was holding a needle above her chest. I nodded at Lily who took the hint. We both made some of ourselves visible to Christine. "Just a little higher. Please be careful with the needle. I kinda want my daughter alive," I joked softly. When we appears Christine flew back, frightened. "Stephen? Lily? Oh lord, oh lord. What am I seeing?l" Lily and I smiled at each other "Our astral bodies," Lily explained. "Are you dead?" Lily shook her head "Not yet Chrissy but I am dying," Lily said softly. "Right. Right. Yeah. Alright," she slowly inserted the needle "I've... I've never seen a wound like this before. What were you stabbed with?" She looked at Lily. "I don't know," Lily said. She looked at me she pointed toward the door. The zealot that stabbed her was coming after her. }I'm going to have to vanish now," I was watching his every move "No, I...," Lily looked at Christine "Trust us.," she whispered to her.

He attacked me. We were thrown through multiple floors, and walls. Eventually I was able to over power him and his astral body disappeared. "Are you ok?" We both went back into our bodies "Hey there," Lily opened her eyes and smiled. "After all this time, you just show up here, flying out of your bodies?" We both laughed "Missed you Chrissy," Lily said between giggles "Yeah, I know. I missed you too, by the way. I wrote 2 emails, but you never responded," Christine sighed "Why would I?" Lily looked at us."Christine, I am so, so sorry. For all of it. And you were right, I was a complete asshole. I treated you so horribly and you deserved so much more," Lily burst out laughing "Well that's a first Dad," Christine looked up from stitching Lily's wound "Stop. You... you're clearly in shock. I mean, what the hell is happening? Where have you been?" I smiled "Well, after Western medicine failed me, I headed East, and I ended up in Kathmandu,"

"Kathmandu?" I nodded. "Yeah," Lily smiled at me. "And I followed him yet here," Lily said "What, like the Bob Seger song?" She joked. I chuckled "1975, Beautiful Loser, side A. And then, I went to a place called Kamar-Taj and I talked to someone called the Ancient One, and...," she looked at me "Oh. So you joined a cult," I shook my head "No, I didn't. Not exactly. I mean, they did teach me to tap into powers that I never even knew existed," Lily was outright laughing. "Yeah, that sounds like a cult," Lily shook her head "Trust me Chrissy it's not a cult," while I said. "It's not a cult," Christine still looked skeptical "Well, that's what a cultist would say," Lily started sitting up. "Oh, no," I helped Lily up. "Wait, Stephen, Lily... what do you think you're doing?" I sighed. "We're late for a cult meeting," Christine got on Lily's other side. "This is insane," Lily smiled "Trust me. This may seem insane But it's pretty tame,"

"Where are you going?" I looked at Lily she nodded "Uhm...," Christine glared at me "Just tell me the truth?" I nodded "Well, a powerful sorcerer, who gave himself over to an ancient entity who can bend the very laws of physics, tried very hard to kill me, but I left him chained up in Greenwich Village, and the quickest way back there is through a dimensional gateway that I opened up in the mop closet," we walked to the door. "Okay. Don't tell me. Fine," I opened the door. And let her walk in. The portal was still standing I picked Lily up even though she protested "We really do have to go," we walked through the portal.

Author note
Updates are going to slow down this week then prolly stop completely for a few weeks. I'm losing inspiration to write at the moment. And I will be having summer camps.