Chapter 12

Three year timeskip

"Mama, where bear?" Akari mumbles, waddling over to her mother who bounces a small two year old on her knee. "Bear!"

"One second 'Kari... Izu, can you look for Akira's left shoe. We don't want to be late!" She shouts out to her husband who's trying to fix his tie in the body length mirror.

"Got it!" Izuku replies before the door bell sounds off. "Coming! Hold on!"

Akari whines loudly, wanting for attention as she sits on the ground in anger. "I wan bear!"

"Kar, it's in the living room. Come with Daddy, okay?" Izuku smiles at his daughter who wipes her tears and stands, grabbing onto her father's finger as he leads her to her teddy bear. Next to it, a little white dress shoe laid. "Kat! I found the shoe!"

"Alright we're done! Get Akari to the car!" The blonde shouts, standing up with a pain in her back; holding her two year old son on her hip. "Kira, you really need to walk. You're hurting mommy and your little sister."

"No! No walk! No wan lil sis anyway!" The mini ravenette sticks his tongue out as he crosses his arms, not budging on being put down.

"Not even if I promise you that limited addition All Might backpack you've been wanting?" Katsumi tries to bargain as bright red eyes stare up at her. "Pity really... I had it all wrapped up, waiting just for you."

"No, I sowwy! I get down now." He pouts, being placed in his car seat next to his older sister who sticks her tongue out at him. "You a bich, Kari! Bich!"

"Language! Kat, you really need to stop cursing around our kids. They're not even four yet!" Izuku sighs, clicking on his seat belt as Katsumi's already buckled in and waiting. "Not to mention Akihiro isn't here yet."

"I'll stop cursing once you stop having a stick up your ass. Drive Deku."

~

"Aw, how's my grandbabies doing?" Mitsuki coos, picking up Akira as Akari hugs her leg. "You two are being good for your parents?"

"Yes!" Akira shouts, proud of himself as Katsumi and Izuku shake their heads in sync.

"That's good! Maybe you two could help your Sofu in the kitchen. He's baking cookies." The blonde woman smiles as her grandkids rush off to the kitchen. "It's so nice to have you all here. It's been awhile since we've all hung out and been together."

"Yeah, well ever since we kinda cut off Mom, we've been lacking grandparents. So it's really nice to be here." Izuku shrugs as Mitsuki glances over at her daughter who shakes her head, signaling her to keep to mouth shut on the manner. But of course, she doesn't listen.

"You cut Inko off? Why?" Mitsuki questions, watching them enter the space as they remove their shoes.

"Kacchan and her don't get along and I'd rather not deal with her antics at the moment, that's all. I still love her, but she needs to relax. She still holds animosity because of all the stuff from our childhood." Izuku rolls his eyes, crossing his arms. "Like we were kids and she just doesn't seem to get that."

"Oh. I see..." Mitsuki smiles weakly, sighing. "I understand then. I was planning on having a little girl's day with her, but I see that I need to turn it into a therapy day instead."

"Therapy? Why?" Izuku questions, raising an eyebrow at the statement.

"She never told you? She said she'd tell you when you turn 18." Mitsuki whispers, staring at the kid she watched grew up alongside her own. "Your father was... a villain for lack of words."

"My dad? She told me he was a businessman overseas..." Izuku mumbles as Mitsuki watches. "How was he a villain?"

"Well... when she was interning in America, your father was her direct boss who was also from Japan. Since they were the only two Asians in the workspace, they grew really close. Your mother tried to keep things civil, but your father was... pushy. He would invite her to lunch dates, movies, bars. She would decline every time. Until one day, he told her that there was a mandatory meeting being held in his office after hours. She was confused, so she asked around. No one would respond to her and those who did, were confused by her question. So she showed up. There in the man's office were two goons, who immediately locked the door and held a gun to her head. Frozen in fear, she watched as her boss stood up and walked towards her." Mitsuki gulps, sweating profusely as she thinks back on how terrifying the story is to retell. "She asked him what he could possibly want, and rather than using his words... he showed her."

"Y-you mean-?" Izuku's face paled as Mitsuki nodded her head, tears filling his eyes as he stares at the blonde dumbfounded. "I-I'm a-..."

"Don't go thinking your mom resents having you. She loves you and doesn't think of you as a reminder. She just wants to protect you from the world's darkest evils by any means necessary. Not to say that my daughter is evil, though she has her dragon like moments." A faint 'hey' is heard before the young blonde grumbles. "But that has to be the reason as to why she dislikes Katsumi."

"Thank you... for telling me, Auntie. I'll... talk with Mom later." Izuku holds his head, walking further into the house as he sits on the couch; thinking over the story.

"She should have told you sooner, but I think she just wanted to keep it from you until it was absolutely necessary." Mitsuki sighs, shaking her head. "I'm sorry I had to be the one to break it to you."

"This is good to know, so there's no need to apologize. Now I can better understand her." Izuku smiles with his eyes closed, before going right back to staring at the floor in front of him.

A hand is placed on his shoulder as he looks up to see his stunning wife. "If anyone is to understand what your mom is going through, it's me babe. I'll be right there by your side when you do talk with her, I promise."

Wrapping his arms around his wife, he sighs; nodding his head. "Yeah... ok."

~

I love this book. Btw, pass on the potential boyfriend. He was literal garbage lmao.

~ Shadow Out!🌑