Chapter 16

"Is this going to work?" Katsumi questions as she fixes her headset once again, peaking from behind the curtains as the crowd gotten bigger. "There's somehow more people out there than before..."

"Word must have gotten out that we're here, not that I mind. I kind of like live performing. It's really fun." Izuku chuckles as his wife rolls her eyes at him.

"I literally quit my job of modeling to join your little band at this point, Deku. I hope you didn't forget that I'm expecting." The blonde pouts as her husband's face grows red with embarrassment as he scratches his cheek lightly. "You're rubbing my feet after this."

"Deal. You remember the words to our song?" The greenette asks, walking over to her as he peaks out into the crowd; low whistling at how many there are out there.

"Of course. It was the song you sang to me on our first date. Shit was sappy." She giggles as he pouts at being made fun of. "Go check on Sloth and ask Glam if he has the right setting on his weird ass keytar."

"On it!" The greenette salutes as the blonde turns back to see Kyoka walk up to the microphone with a small smile, cheeks still rosey from her kiss from the idol.

"Hello again... there's been a slight change in the lineup. That wasn't the intended song for the UnderDogs, but they didn't mind that at all. Since this is their first ever live performance, they wanted to sing another song for you all. I'm not an official member, I'm just Green Phoenix's and Glitz N' Glam's classmate who just so happens to minor in musical theatre." Kyoka explains as she glances at the curtain where Katsumi gives her a thumbs up. "Without further ado, please give it up for the UnderDogs!"

Upbeat R&B beats begin to play loudly as the curtains rise, once high enough; the four individuals walk forward to the beat with Yuga playing. Hitoshi begins ad-libbing to the song. "Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah. Yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah."

Izuku takes a small breath, smiling brightly as he does a two-step; causing everyone to follow his lead. "I don't wear designer clothes. I don't go to the finest schools. But I know..."

"I ain't no fool, baby." Katsumi joins in as a background singer briefly, earning some cheers from the audience who's never heard anything like this before.

"I may not be a star. I'm not drivin' the sickest car
But I know..." Izuku looks at Katsumi, stopping his two step as she stops as well; moving into a forward and back shimmy as they duet. "I can make you happy, baby...I don't know what you been used to. Never been with a girl like you. But I can give you a love that's true to your heart. Not material things..."

Hitoshi smirks as he stops his two step, the couple continuing theirs as he smiles lazily at the crowd before singing. "Oo, She got her own thing... That's why I love her! Miss Independent... Won't you come and spend a little time? She got her own thing... That's why I love her. Miss Independent... Ooh the way we shine, Miss Independent, yeah...."

The purple haired man looks at the couple as the greenette signals him to continue as he ad-libs with them. "Yeah yeah, yeah yeah... Na-na-na, na-na-na, na-na-na; Oh, oh, oh, yeah, yeah, yeah... Yeah yeah, yeah yeah... Na-na-na, na-na-na, na-na-na...Yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah, oh"

Izuku takes over again as they all begin to two step again. "Yeah, I know you are blessed. But there's somethin' you're missin', yeah..."

"Your own melody, Oh, baby. As I strum my guitar, you should know what you are to me." Katsumi initiates the shimmy movement, eyes gleaming as he takes her hand; spinning her gently as he pulls her close to him for his next line.