Prologue

March, 2018

It was around 3AM when Vegas sighed and leaned against the cold balcony railings. He was staring into nothingness. The air felt stagnant. And for a moment, he was 15 again

It was a scorching, sunny day but that did not stop any of the students from living their best lives on their field trip to the beach. Vegas was allowed to join the class for once only because his father had some business in that resort. It was 4PM when he was all alone under a coconut tree waiting for one of his father's men to escort him. 

The tides rose and fell violently, but Vegas realised the salt water running down his face was  not the spray of sea waves. As he sniffled and rubbed his face, a boy tapped on his shoulder from behind asking, "Why are you alone?" 

"All my classmates left with our teacher. I am waiting for my dad to send someone to pick me up"

"Why did you stay?"

"Because I must leave for Japan with my father from here."

"Aww  I am alone too! All my friends are out of town for vacation and granny won't be home until dinner." The boy smiled like a cherubin. 

They tried building sand castles and sea shell towers. Until Vegas spotted someone familiar looking for him. He frantically told the other boy to hide before running towards his bodyguard. 

They hadn't even exchanged names. 

He snapped out of the past when his father's room's lights turned on. He could neither severe those strings nor kill that puppeteer.