Chapter 9 : Kill me don't heal me

TW: Hinting of suicide

It had been an hour since Pete was lying unconscious. Vegas was trying to read and get his mind off things. Kan greeted his son with a slap again.

"I did nothing, dad!"

"Tankhun figured out Ken betrayed them and not us. He would have shot me if not for Korn and Kinn. How are we going to deal with this mess now?" 

"I actually..."

"Sometimes I am ashamed to admit you & Macau are my sons. Now stay here under house arrest until everything calms down!!" 

Kan walked away after giving Vegas one final shove. Vegas started screaming to avoid crying. He needed an outlet for his frustration so he went to do the obvious.

"Hey Pete, I guess it is 'laugh at Vegas' day. How about you laugh at me too, to celebrate? Don't pretend to be asleep darling, go ahead."

Vegas went closer & closer but Pete was more unresponsive than ever. Pete missed the chance to witness the panic in his captor's eyes. Vegas cupped Pete's left cheek, touched his forehead & checked his pulse. He was alive. So he lifted him off the ground & tucked him in bed.

Pete opened his eyes to see Vegas hovering over him with bandages.

"Kill me already mf! Why, are you waiting for your father to discover me again?"

"Don't speak so callously. Here, have this pill."

"No."

"You've developed a fever & your wounds are inflamed. Don't act childish."

"I said no." 

Vegas nodded and popped the pill into his own mouth. He firmly held the sides of Pete's face which made Pete squeeze his eyes shut.

Pete's eyes widened with surprise as he felt a pair of chapped lips prying his own open. Before his mind could process the situation, his lips responded by playing along. Kissing back Vegas felt as instinctive as thirst. It took him a moment to realise the pill was wet, crushed & in his mouth. Vegas fed him water as his supported him from the back using his free hand before adjusting the duvet and walking away. 

The blush and erratic heartbeat was not the fever's doing anymore.