Chapter 20 : Revelations

TW : Hinting of suicide 

All eyes were on Kim.

"Firstly, the war broke out because my father played dead & uncle wanted to take over."

"Right " said Kinn & Vegas in unison leading them to exchange surprised glances.

"During primary school, I went inside dad's private room & went through his things for fun."

"Nosy!" Kinn rolled his eyes.

"There was a girl in the photos from dad's childhood. Also a file full of deaths caused by accidents. I wrote about them in my diary that day & forgot. Then comes our mother's demise."

"Your mother slipped and fell from the terrace, Kim. I was at your house when that happened," Vegas added.

"You didn't witness it though. That month mother gave me all her silver jewellery. Visited a lot of people. I couldn't snack at midnight because she'd be walking around the house after putting us to bed."

"I was told at school to lookout for such people. These are suicidal tendencies," Porchay told.

"I was sick at home the day after her funeral. That day I accidentally walked in on Dad waving some sheets & talking about covering evidence."

"Don't tell me you are investigating this since you were 11, Kim," Tankhun frowned.

"I chanced upon my old diaries in high school. This time I felt something was off. I started investigating once I moved out."

"You still didn't tell the link," Macau scratched his head.

"All those random deaths in that file lacked solid evidence. And one day, Porsche gets recruited without a background check. On doing it myself I connected the dots to his mother."

"What made you think we were untrustworthy, Kim?" Porsche demanded.

"Dad definitely knew something about you which none of us did. He'd bribed an inspector to hush up the case because your parents death was a staged accident."

"Why would Papa go to such lengths? What story are you weaving, Kim?!" Tankhun snapped.