Chapter 8 : Lie for me

TW: Abuse, swearing, homophobia

Pete woke up chained in a room without windows. It had dim red & green lights. Vegas entered from a door behind him and crouched beside him on the floor to show a clipping.

"Oh, you're up? Look here Pete, it's you grandmother."

"I GIVE UP! Let her be Vegath!!"

"Hmm, I was thinking about it. You're right, Tankhun is much smarter than he looks. So how about we ask the less smarter one for your vacation?" 

"What do you want from me you asshole?!"

"Ohh nothing, just call up Kinn & ask him for a vacation. Remember your grandmother before you think of doing anything stupid, darling." ;) 

Pete suppressed his urge to cry & talked in the most stoic tone he could. "Mr Kinn?" 

"Where are you, Pete?"

"I am sorry but I am leaving for my hometown. I heard grandma fell down in the kitchen & sprained her wrist."

"Did you have any trouble finishing your job?" 

"No, Mr Kinn."

"Alright. Take your time & return once granny recovers. You did great, Pete."

"Thank you, Mr Kinn..." 

Vegas roughly ruffled his hair and cackled, "Who's a good boy? Who's a good boy?"Pete sobbed uncontrollably. It was interrupted by Kan tearing the two apart.

"Why are you slapping me again dad?" 

"When will you quit being a faggot? I am marrying you off the daughter of the Yakuza head. We need to make an alliance."

"It's not what you're thinking dad! I didn't..."

"I want him dead before I visit again." 

Kan left the place and Vegas angrily turned towards Pete. He held him by the shoulders, nails digging into the hollow of his collarbones. "Having fun, are we? 

Vegas aggressively hurled him towards the empty shelves in the corner. He gave a harsh slap on the face before exiting the room.