Chapter 3 : Caught in the act

Vegas only visited his casino & went out for lunch with Macau before going to the temple. Pete thought he was doing a decent job until he felt 2 hands gripped his shoulders from behind. "Sawasdee krub khun Veagath!!" Pete yelled, only to be greeted by Macau's naughty eyes. "What a pleasant surprise, Pete! What brings you here?" Vegas said half hugging him from the other side. 

"It's my day off so I thought of coming here," but Pete's sheepish grin gave him away. 

"I need someone to help with my boredom, please come." Macau requested. Vegas smirked at his younger brother and the two dragged Pete along. 

"Do you like listening to monks' sermons, Khun Veagath?" Pete asked.

Vegas was caught off guard. He paused momentarily before answering, "Isn't it calming to hear? What do you think, Pete?" 

"It is time for the final ritual Khun Veagath. Would you like me to get another..." 

"No Pete, we sat through this together. It is only right for you to do this with me." 

"But Khun Veagath, I am not family... Should I wake up Khun Macau?" 

"Don't bother him. Let's make merits together so we meet in our next life, Pete" 

Vegas wrapped an arm around Pete's shoulder. Pete held his breath to avoid flinching; continuing to follow the monk's instructions. Towards the end he felt a hand slide down into his back pocket. Pete wiggled and stood up the monk could complete saying "Rise"

Vegas had left with Macau before Pete could return from offering the holy water. A blue sticky note read, "Pete, let's make more merits together so that we meet in our next life." He had lost Vegas again. He carefully pocketed the note and headed towards the main family's mansion.