Chapter 2 : I can't do this

May, 2019

The bodyguard quarters reeked of gossip since Tawan's return. Pete and Pol were wondering if he & Kinn had got back together. Arm joined the conversation stating that Porsche was the one in need of help. "Mr Kinn and Porsche's gaze towards each other has changed, I can see it even without my glasses from miles away," he giggled. 

"Is that why Porsche gets summoned often?" Pete mumbled.

Kinn interrupted the conversation. Arm and Pol left giving excuses, making Pete swear at them in his head. Kinn gave Pete his phone asking him to spy on Vegas. 

"Sorry Mr Kinn, but it did not go well last time. Could you please assign it to someone else?" Pete pleaded.

"I don't trust anyone except you with this, Pete." With that, Kinn walked away. 

When the coast was clear Pol and Arm returned, earning a friendly scolding from Pete. "What did Mr Kinn want?" Arm asked.

"He wants me to spy on Mr Vegas again. Remember the condoms prank, Pol?"

"Sorry, it was probably because I fell asleep midway. You will do a better job without me, Pete."

"It would be easier to die in Mr Vegas hands than endure his 'friendly' touches. How do I tell Mr Kinn he makes me uncomfortable?" Pete groaned.

"Are you saying Mr Vegas is flirting with you?" Arm laughed.

"Or is it you who is in love with the villain, Pete?"Pol added with a wink.

Pete gulped. Arm rubbed his right shoulder reassuringly. "Stay out of harms way, Pete. Don't hesitate to fight back if you are cornered." 

"Or just flirt back and become the minor family heir's wife ;)", Pol chuckled." Conflict between major and minor family solved by a marriage alliance between a heir and head bodyguard. You will go down in history, my friend" Arm suppressed a laugh. 

Pol continued, "Pete and Porsche, the roommates who stole the hearts of 2 mafia princes. Mr Tankhun's dramas could never." Pete  slapped the duo on their back. But it did help him smile for a split second.