Chapter 19-someone who cares

Delilah's POV
They had released me, and now I sat on the couch looking out the window. I had barely uttered a wood since the hospital. They watched over me like hawks, but gave me my distant knowing I needed time.

But that was a week ago.

I didn't feel like my life had a purpose anymore. But that changed today. Heaving myself off the couch I quietly padded to my room, no one was home they left to watch the band play.

Stripping I jumped in the shower and scrubbed my body until it was bright pink and clean. The water was burning my skin, but I was to numb to care. After showering I dressed in ripped skinny jeans, a white shirt, white undergarments, a Harvard sweater, red Keds, my glasses, and a red and white plaid bow, a silver bracelet, red leather band and bag.

I curled my hair and put it in a pony with the bow, and I didn't want make up. Taking my phone I stuffed my headphones in and my phone in my pocket, I picked a sad playlist off Spotify and left a note on the counter. I walked around Central Park and stared at the pond for some time.

I felt empty, useless, and forgotten.

I sat on a the grassed and hugged my knees, and somehow my thoughts drifted to Cole. What was he doing? Did he move on? Find someone new? I'm sure he did, this thought causes a pang in my heart. Hiding my head in my legs I listened to the music and let it transport me.

Maybe my family didn't miss me, maybe they party every night and curse my name in the morning. But I've changed.

Right now things are good, but they aren't permanent. Soon I'll be back to the old me, the one who laughs and cared for her friends. The one who isn't afraid to be herself. The one who is able to love, and others love her.

But most of all she is happy.

She's smiling, giggling, blushing, laughing, dancing, singing and being herself without anyone judging her. Sure she has flaws but we all do, there isn't one person in the world who doesn't have a flaw.

Some people are afraid to admit their flaws, some hide their flaws, and hell someone people embrace them. Our flaws make us, us and I'm proud of my flaws.

Through the corner of my eye I saw an old, sweet man holding a hand out to me. Unplugging my music I took his hand "you look like you needed a friend" he chuckled and helped me. For an old man he was strong.

"Thank you" I told him as we sat down on a bench, "come dear, something on ya mind" he said and laid a hand on my knee. His hand was old, wrinkled but warm and made me feel safe. I felt like I could trust this man, and I found myself spilling my guys to him.

"I was once in your position" he chuckled "I was a young and stupid man" he thought "but I learned that the people who love you, fight for you" he patted my knee. "And those you don't, they give up and walk away" he advised sending a wink my way.

"What's your name?" I asked quietly, "that is not important right now deary" he patted me knee again and got up "it's important to me" I said softly as he walked away. He turned around and faced me "would you like to get a coffee?"'he asked.

I smiled "I'd love too" he smiled back, the corners of his eyes wrinkling.

Maybe there is someone out there who cares.
-----
Delilah's outfit!